Changes to 2015 dining plans (Update: not happening)

malem

After having read the last few pages of this topic, I just have to quote myself:

What amazes me about this whole thread is the (seemingly large) amount of people who feel that the financial sense of this program outweighs the hassle.

• Like 3

I love the meal plans so worth the bigger investment up front. I had KI only meal plan last year so I'm really excited that meal plans on Platinum are good chain wide. I'll get to use it at CP for the first time other than KI on May 9th.

• Like 4

The Skyline 3 way was available on Friday in the Coney Mall.  It took about 10 minutes  in between ordering and receiving however.

We are at Kings Island at least 20 times each summer.  Even one meal per trip and we are money ahead.  The focus this year was more variety and "healthier".  Then the salad at LaRosas disappeared. 

The salad at RHoFG is good but having to tip the waiter/waitress makes it just a few times a summer instead of every visit.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to get around to eating at the RHoFG this season.  Just out of curiosity, what are the portions like there?

They give a really good amount of food for very fair prices. I usually don't finish the entire plate if I get a full meal. And the food is high quality as well.

Its the best value in the park. I eat there nearly every visit.

• Like 3

They make less than minimum wage until an employer who follows the law makes up the difference between sub-minimum wage + tips and minimum wage.  That's the way it's supposed to work, but I hear many employers don't ever actually pay the difference.

• Like 2

Indeed. I would much prefer that restaurants increase their menu prices by 20% across the board, use the difference to pay employees full minimum wage (or more), and have the computer print a note on every check stating that tips are not accepted.

• Like 3

Here's the thing that bugs me.  A tip is supposed to be for someone who "is putting in the extra effort and going beyond their job description to make sure you have a positive experience."  So, why is it a societal expectation to tip in order to cover the wages of an employee?  Why should I feel peer pressure to give someone extra money for doing their job?

You're supposed to want to give someone a tip for going above and beyond.  Say they're extra helpful or friendly and you want to reward them with a small cash gift.  It doesn't work like that anymore; it's an expected part of the employee's wage.  It's no longer a gift; it's now regular pay.

*sigh*  Yes, wait staff do deserve a decent wage, I just find it interesting how they get paid.

• Like 6

One could still tip even if the servers were paid a decent wage. Hell, I'm a mechanic that gets paid VERY well, yet I get tips from time to time.

Tipping for great service is one thing, tipping because I HAVE to in order for them to get paid fairly......is another.

Servers get stiffed more than they get tipped.

• Like 6

If that were the case, how would one go about rewarding somebody who is putting in the extra effort and going beyond their job description to make sure you have a positive experience?

Ask to speak to the manager on your way out, and tell him or her what your experience was like. Managers get far more complaints than compliments, and good managers will offer positive reinforcement (extra paid time off, small bonuses, etc.) to employees who get lots of compliments. This could even be done at an employee meeting, handing out the awards in front of everyone, which would not only reward that employee, but motivate everyone else to work harder so they can be recognized in front of their peers as well.

• Like 6

Exactly. Paying these folks a real wage would weed out the weak

What I find exceptionally annoying is when multiple people serve you. My local Cracker Barrel is a good example. One person takes your drink order, another brings your drinks and takes your food order, yet another brings that food to the table. The one that took your food order brings the check and asks if you want a to go drink. Yet another brings you said to go drink.

4 different people. Who in the hell am I supposed to tip?

• Like 5

The All Season Dining Plan, as indicated by its name, is good for all of the public operating season.  Since silver passes are not valid during Haunt, any attached dining plan is also invalid.  For Gold and Platinum, however, since there is no stipulation that it is not indeed all season, dining plans are good through closing day.

Unless, of course, they decided to change the rules on us again.

• Like 1

For those dining at the Reds Grille with the meal plan, note that the meal redemption time is apparently set at the end of the meal when the check is paid.

ohiocolts found this out last night when his second meal at LaRosa's didn't work; the 4-hour counter seemed to have started after the 25-minute delay we had to split the check, even though our season passes were scanned at the beginning of our meal. There were about 10 other abandoned pizza plates waiting to be thrown away from other customers who had the same problem.

(If you're going there with a group, and anyone in the group is using a dining plan, I suggest bringing cash to avoid having to split the check.)

• Like 3