Kings Island Random Off-season Poll!

JubJester

I voted a few hours ago and here's what I chose:

1. B&M, specifically I was thinking of a B&M Floorless at the time I made my decision.

2. Nope.

3. 1990-1999 (probably early/mid 90's or so...)

4. Scooby because I never rode Phantom Theatre and I have fond memories of Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle.

• Like 1

1. I don't remember what I picked because it really doesn't matter to me. I like most coasters I've ever ridden, and have found appreciation for some I initially didn't like. So, they're all great options with me.

2. Yes (if I had restroom privileges) but it would have to be for a good reason. Every time I go up there I am pretty much ready to come back down a minute later. I like the view from Drop Tower better, not so much pressure to enjoy it.

3. 1972-1979 I presume. I was born in 1976, so I don't remember but chances are very high my family took me at least once in those four summers. Wouldn't put it past them taking me in '76 after I was born in July. I don't have any memories predating '81 tho.

4. I picked Phantom Theater. However, I do like what they did to the outside of the building when they changed from it.

• Like 2

1. Since this is a "what I want" and not "what I expect", I voted Intamin but to make it clearer, a Plug-N-Play wooden coaster like El Toro @ SFGadv or Colossos @ Heide Park. (No offense to their Gigas, Stratas, and Blitz coasters) as I'd like to see Kings Island have a modern wooden coaster and possibly even re-try the "Hyper Wooden Coaster" concept as I find the idea of a 200'+ wooden coaster awesome (it kinda sucks that SOB failed so badly as the concept alone was actually pretty cool). But I don't see it happening since Cedar Fair and Intamin are not on the best of terms. (Though to be fair, I'd more than welcome MANY of the other options listed)

2. 24 Hours in the Eiffel Tower? Ehh, no...I'd likely get bored after an hour, and then the remaining 23 would be torture. :wacko:

3. I don't recall the exact month, but it was in the Summer of 2000 because SOB was new. It would be 9 years before I returned, however...though that would still be in the same bracket. :P

4. As it is the only one I have ever ridden, Boo Blasters has to get my vote. But note this- I'm 90% sure one ride on either Enchanted Voyage or Phantom Theatre and that changes. But I'd probably need a time machine to do that...

Also I think I see an error- I'm pretty sure Smurf's Enchanted Voyage debuted in 1984, alongside King Cobra, not 1982. I think I remember it being on that year's map or something.

• Like 5

1. Classic Wooden Coaster

2. It would be a maybe on the Eiffel Tower, because it does ge cold up there.

3. I was born in 96 and every year since then I have been going.

4.Phantom Theater and Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle were ver close, but I have to pick Scooby Doo, because its my favorite cartoon, and I own all the movies on DVD, but I still miss the Phantom Theater.

Great poll, keep 'em coming.

• Like 2

I rode the Smurf's Enchanted Voyage in its final years. I was very young at the time and also wasn't a fan of dark rides (they frightened me), so I probably wasn't of the mindset to appreciate it. It took me a while to warm up to the Phantom as well, but once I did, it was a staple of every visit to the park.

• Like 3