Escape The Room Challenge Coming to West Chester, OH

ETRC_Logo_Square_Medium.jpg

It’s a race against time. One room. One way out, and the clock is ticking. Would you be able to problem-solve your way out?

An entertainment craze popular in other cities is coming to West Chester.

It is called “Escape the Room Challenge.”

It works like this: A group of 8-12 people are locked in a room and a clock begins a 60-minute countdown. The group has to solve a series of clues, puzzles and mental challenges get free. "You are locked. The doors are actually physically locked from the inside," General Manager Bill Balfour said. "There's a big clock on the wall that's counting down, and you know when it hits zero, game’s over."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/escape-the-room-challenge-coming-to-west-chester/31242196

As some of you may or may not know, I am involved in this project serving as the social media manager. I would find it very helpful if you could follow us through the various social media outlets:

LIKE us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Tumblr
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel

Here are the two back story videos for the two rooms that will open in March. Enjoy!

Escape The Mob

Esmeralda's Curse

Please let me know if you have any questions.
  • Like 7

Will there be live performers in the room?

Unfortunately I can not answer questions about the content of the rooms. That's part of the surprise! I'm sword to secrecy. I wouldn't want both the Mob AND Madame Rosa after me, would I????

Will there be more than one customer in the room or will there be multiple identical rooms? Because with an hour time limit, there's going to be a real wait if it's one person at a time.

As of this writing, both Esmeralda's Curse and Escape the Mob are designed for 10 people per block. You can purchase as few as 1 and as many as 10 tickets for each time block, but if your group consists of less than 10 you may be paired with other people you don't know. The game lasts for 60 minutes, but please allot 90 minutes because if you lose they will walk you through the clues and show you what went wrong. We encourage you to purchase your tickets in advance and arrive 15 minutes early. If you purchase tickets in advance you should not have to wait more than the 15 minutes. You may purchase walk up tickets, but they are subject to availability.

Any ideas on pricing?

The retail price of the experience is $28 per player. There will be specials and discounts, including group discounts.

www.escapetheroomchallenge.com

• Like 4

Prior to starting my classes at the Mount St. Joseph (College of Mount St. Joseph) in 1987, Computer information systems and computer science department head, gave all of the Business Administration/Information Systems majors a logic test. She wanted to see how we were able to think logically and solve logic problems, ranging from simple problems to more difficult ones. I found it easy to see the what the pattern of numbers was on problems and had no problems on this test, as did others. That was not required to pass before entering the degree program, but was given just for fun and challenge of it.

I like forward to going there and giving it a try,

• Like 4

Prior to starting my classes at the Mount St. Joseph (College of Mount St. Joseph) in 1987, Computer information systems and computer science department head, gave all of the Business Administration/Information Systems majors a logic test. She wanted to see how we were able to think logically and solve logic problems, ranging from simple problems to more difficult ones. I found it easy to see the what the pattern of numbers was on problems and had no problems on this test, as did others. That was not required to pass before entering the degree program, but was given just for fun and challenge of it.

I like forward to going there and giving it a try,

This whole concept is based off of the escape room game genre. I actually played "The Room" and "The Room 2" as research in the weeks leading up to the announcement. "The Room" is only $.99 on Android (and probably iOS) so if you want to see what this is all about I highly recommend checking it out. I found the game super addicting. The things that happen in the video game kind of defy the laws of physics. I.e. a drawer would have different content if a switch is flipped. Obviously something like that would be hard to mimic, but what they have planned is still pretty darn amazing.

One of the target groups that we're looking for is corporate groups looking to do team building. I can tell you that after the "powers that be" did their research on other escape rooms the consensus was that the most successful groups were able to quickly establish leaders, communicate, and think together as a team. That's one of the reasons why I'm so excited to bring KIC out there. I'm really curious as to who falls into what role... who helps and who deters... who is a leader and who is a follower... who can maintain composure while being timed and who can not. God I love this stuff.

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”

-Albert Einstein

• Like 3

Looks cool. Who designed the rooms? Is it a franchise?

The rooms were designed in-house by the same people that brought you EnterTrainMent Junction. The plan to repeat the attention to detail, quality, and mind-blowing scale with this project. It is not a franchise.

I would get this listed on both of these

http://escaperoomdirectory.com

http://escaperoomhub.com/

Thanks!! I had already contacted the first one, but didn't know the second one. I went ahead and submitted our information with them. If anyone else wants to submit potential resources, I'm happy to give them a shot. I really appreciate it.

Interesting.. I'm curious to see how popular this turns out to be.

Yeah, obviously I have a vested interest in this so I want it to be successful too. I can tell you that there are several of these through the US. The range goes from excellent to lame. Almost all sell out all the time. The whole concept is very popular no matter where it goes. Plus with the people working on it, I can safely assume that there will be nothing short of excellence with this project. I'm excited to see what everyone thinks.

• Like 4

I'm a junior student studying engineering at UC, and I'm actually going to make a room escape game for my senior project! So, you can bet that I'm really excited to see such a seemingly elaborate escape game complex go up so close to home. I know that if the people who run Entertrainment Junction are involved, the games will be extremely beautifully decorated.

(If you don't mind, I think I'll talk a bit about my game. I haven't had the chance to build anything yet, but I'm forming a team, looking into locations, and starting to design the game.The puzzles actually seem to be the easiest thing to figure out, as I have way more ideas than could be expected for people to solve in an hour; I might end up making all of them, and testing them on people to see which they find to be the most entertaining. The game will likely be "surreal" themed, featuring a lot of surrealist art. I have no plans to monetize the game after graduation, as I'll probably just go work at the company where I did my co-ops, but who can say? I do know that I dearly love this kind of nerdy stuff.)

• Like 1

I'm a junior student studying engineering at UC, and I'm actually going to make a room escape game for my senior project! So, you can bet that I'm really excited to see such a seemingly elaborate escape game complex go up so close to home. I know that if the people who run Entertrainment Junction are involved, the games will be extremely beautifully decorated.

(If you don't mind, I think I'll talk a bit about my game. I haven't had the chance to build anything yet, but I'm forming a team, looking into locations, and starting to design the game.The puzzles actually seem to be the easiest thing to figure out, as I have way more ideas than could be expected for people to solve in an hour; I might end up making all of them, and testing them on people to see which they find to be the most entertaining. The game will likely be "surreal" themed, featuring a lot of surrealist art. I have no plans to monetize the game after graduation, as I'll probably just go work at the company where I did my co-ops, but who can say? I do know that I dearly love this kind of nerdy stuff.)

Very cool! Hopefully you'll get to come check it out in a few weeks once it opens for some inspiration.

• Like 1

Very cool! Hopefully you'll get to come check it out in a few weeks once it opens for some inspiration.

Yeah, I'll try not to steal too many ideas :P

Khufu:

Welcome to KIC!

Thanks!

• Like 4