Cedar Point 2016 Talk

And the trucks are loading fe8558f3d26517cbe6babd9aa3c1777b.jpg

4933546e65c36f7dc28b27411f5bbe7b.jpg

**edit adding what I saw

I found 7 lift hill sections, and using my distance app and comparing the piece next to the flat bed. They are about 45-50ft section and there are 7 of them.

7x45=315'

7x50=350'

This coaster is a GIGA!!!!

**edit again

Sorry but this is a picture of my display on my Nikon. I will upload a better quality image later. This is from one of the blue supports.

c13068a2c7c8e309b0d2da03404ed327.jpg

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

Looking very close at that last picture, even though it is very blurry, it does say "DM" to start the part number. So I'm going to assume this is a Dive Machine and that it is for Cedar Point, as it seems to match the supposed leaked CG image...and if this does turn out to be over 300' tall then WOW, that's one monster of a Dive Machine. Even 240' would be massive though, big enough to be the world's highest dive coaster.

We should get confirmation soon enough though...

• Like 3

There may have been more lift hill pieces as they were right inside the bay, but it was dark and could not clearly see them. But this is definitely not Dive track. It's different than Baron, and different than the older dive track.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

The track looks fairly similar to the Sheikra clone in China. I'm willing to bet this is a dive coaster.

[EDIT] And it looks like I was right about the supports being purplish-blue! I knew those colors would fit Valravn better! :D

It's this time of year again.

Just a friendly reminder to respect private property if taking a trip through Batavia. Supposedly, they're very friendly with curious coaster enthusiasts; let's keep it that way.

Really dude? Have you ever heard of a zoom lens?

Sorry another crappy picture from my display on my good camera but the angle of this lift is insane I would say close to 80°

c06b56444ee7749c7e7eaac3f84eead1.jpg

• Like 2

It's this time of year again.

Just a friendly reminder to respect private property if taking a trip through Batavia. Supposedly, they're very friendly with curious coaster enthusiasts; let's keep it that way.

Really dude? Have you ever heard of a zoom lens?

Sorry another crappy picture from my display on my good camera but the angle of this lift is insane I would say close to 80°

That post wasn't directed at you; I assumed that you were either off property or had permission.

With pictures of parts appearing, and many from here living close enough to drive past, I just wanted to post a quick reminder for anyone wanting to go take a look.

• Like 11

Or for those who think its "cool" for some reason to go actually CLIMB on the track pieces while in the parking lot.  Yes, there are some of those in the community, as unfortunate/foolish as it may be.  I mean, as a former car guy of epic proportions, that would make as much sense as me going down to Bowling Green, and climbing on crates full of Corvette parts.  SMH.

• Like 13

The DM on the sticker may be a clue as to it being Dive Machine track, but it also may not. I'd like to see the item description on other Dive Machines built to verify this if anyone can find them or has taken a picture themselves.

However Banshee's listing was IC2 for the start of it's part number. Yes you could say "Inverted Coaster" is there, but it may not even be for that, it may just be a coincidence. I don't like trying to make logic and reasoning behind something that I don't have data for. I just see a DM and IC2 at this point. I mean Clermont did make the conscious effort to remove any identifying information from their labels, so this whole debate may be moot at this point.

Also quick edit: Worth noting, boxes of bolts & other pars related to Banshee's installation listed it as "Roller Coaster IC2-J. So it may carry weight. However, I'd need to see other examples to justify the claim. I like trends and data I can follow, not wild speculation and assumptions based off of guesses.

• Like 7

The DM on the sticker may be a clue as to it being Dive Machine track, but it also may not. I'd like to see the item description on other Dive Machines built to verify this if anyone can find them or has taken a picture themselves.

I've been following how B&M labels their track at the plant for a while and I'm certain that the DM is for dive machine. They use letters for other combinations to verify type as well- LC- Laying/Flying coaster, IC- Inverted coaster, FC- Floorless, MC- Mega/hyper/giga. 

Here's the label for Baron at Efteling (picture courtesy of Screamscape).  Labeled D6- D for dive machine and it is one of the 6 across models.

db_2015_0102_BMTrack_BARON_-3-1.jpg

Also, I can tell the brown track is dive machine track without the labels.  They're very wide and thick.  No other B&M type has track with that big of dimensions.  I'm 99.99% certain its a dive coaster track unless B&M has cooked up another type under everyone's noses.  

EDIT: There is another way to tell with the way the cross ties look, but unfortunately, the brown track is upside down so I can't show that.  

• Like 10

Would the sticker say "Country of Origin: USA" on something that wasn't leaving the country? I seem to recall previous discussions on here saying that that line did not appear on track that was to stay in the States. Or is my mind making things up?

• Like 4

I can at least rule out a flying coaster due to the catwalk support studs that are on the lift hill pieces.  B&M looks like they're making slight adjustments to the track compared to previous dive coasters (dive coasters usually have straight cross ties, this has them bent in a little bit), but the label still has me at dive machine.  CP has most of the other B&M types covered as well, whether they're B&Ms or not.  

• Like 1

Would the sticker say "Country of Origin: USA" on something that wasn't leaving the country? I seem to recall previous discussions on here saying that that line did not appear on track that was to stay in the States. Or is my mind making things up?

Country of origin is where it came from, not destination, so of course it's going to say USA It might have a destination listed. Let me find a pic I have from the Chinese coaster and look and see what it says.

Edit: based on the pic I have, Customer should be what coaster/park it's for. The Chinese coaster says Hot Go Park Wing Coaster. They could be being vague with the customer listing for now until the official announcement.

Baby Crawford coming 2016!

• Like 1