Cedar Point 2016 Talk

Would the sticker say "Country of Origin: USA" on something that wasn't leaving the country? I seem to recall previous discussions on here saying that that line did not appear on track that was to stay in the States. Or is my mind making things up?

Country of origin is where it came from, not destination, so of course it's going to say USA

I know that. :P I was thinking that the country of origin declaration was something needed for passage through customs, which would be why it might only appear on track headed to foreign parks. But as others have pointed out, apparently not. :)

• Like 2

Well.....Here's a little "left-over" tidbit about the "VR" app.....

http://www.appjenny.com/Android/App/1913172/com.CedarFair.CedarPointVR

The description by Cedar Fair reads : "Get ready to experience Cedar Point VR. Cardboard compatible. Learn more August 18th!"

It also seems as though the download page for the "VR" app is currently under construction on the Cedar Point site:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/online-fun/vr-app-download

Usp67aM.png

Well I guess we know what part of the announcement will be, at least.....

• Like 6

For those wondering what "Cardboard compatible" means, it's likely a reference to Google Cardboard. However, this makes no sense, given that holding up a phone to view something while riding a coaster is extremely dangerous and against park rules.

In no way is it dangerous or against park rules if every seat is equipped with a clamp style holder, mounted to the trains chassis, much like a GoPro mount.  Adjustable arm, like the ones on the machines at the Optometrist, make it 100% feasible and safe, as far as "loose items" go.

• Like 8

For those wondering what "Cardboard compatible" means, it's likely a reference to Google Cardboard. However, this makes no sense, given that holding up a phone to view something while riding a coaster is extremely dangerous and against park rules.

I believe you're looking at it the wrong way. This app will be for viewing POVs in a VR setting when you're not at the park. What WindingSon posted four above me is basically what I am thinking here.

• Like 4