Cedar Point 2016 Talk

The app is supposed to display a countdown timer until after the 2016 announcement. There are apparently glitches to bypass the countdown, as found by people on PointBuzz.

More technically minded people (read: mobile software developers) may have another way to access the app early. No, it's not changing your system time.

For anyone who manages to find spoilers, I'd recommend leaving them off public forums and social media. Let CP make their own announcement.

• Like 8

^ "Leaks" certainly didn't seem to hurt the announcements of Gatekeeper, Banshee, and Fury 325. And close followers of the park feel special for knowing more than the general public.

In this case, logos & virtual models of the ride (and park) were included without obfuscation in a mysterious-looking app linked from the park website, such that anyone with a freely-downloadable tool could navigate them. Also, the virtual reality POV in the app was apparently taken live for a brief period last night.

• Like 5

I really like the layout of the ride. It looks like it should easily be one of the best Dive Machines out there. The only thing that seems odd is the park that it is going to. I'm sure it will be a monstrous hit at CP, but it seems like it would have possibly been a more effective addition as the centerpiece of Vallyfair's expansion plans or even as KD's next big investment. It feels like in 3-5 years it will be 'just another coaster' at CP whereas it could have been THE coaster somewhere else.

• Like 4

A large part of me thinks that renderings and simulations and published layouts actually ruin anticipation of new rides. If you ask me the original Beast TV advertisement was perfection. In this age though it's probably about impossible to keep a coaster's layout a secret.

*SIDE NOTE: I feel for KD people a little. In the Paramount Era they were the flagship. It is probably #5 in importance to CF and it is clearly not getting the attention or big investments.

• Like 1

Out of all of this, the one thing that I'm curious about will be if we'll see the debut of B&M's "vest" restraints on a dive coaster train?.....

I mean, to put it in perspective, they were originally wanting to do it with the floorless trains on Rougarou before issues occured.

Anyway..... I'd love to see it happen!

• Like 2

I feel very "meh" about this ride. As others have said, it doesn't seem like a big deal at all for Cedar Point. Looks very forgettable. It's nearly the exact same layout as Griffon and Sheikra. And those rides are ten years old now. Nothing new. Dang CP, you guys got me excited. Now I'm just disappointed. There's a part of me hoping this leak isn't real, but I'm seriously doubting it's fake at this point. 

• Like 3

...*SIDE NOTE: I feel for KD people a little. In the Paramount Era they were the flagship. It is probably #5 in importance to CF and it is clearly not getting the attention or big investments.

A. From each according to its net income potential, to each according to that, too.

B. KD was never the flagship. Under Paramount Parks, first Kings Island was, then Carowinds.

• Like 6

I am going to throw all of my evidence that proves this layout wrong. Number 1, the supports are all wrong. Compare the turn to Oblivion the Dark Hole. There aren't enough supports. Two, the ride layout has no station, transfer room, stairs, brakes or anything in any recent layout. Three (sketchy), this logo is too detailed too come from Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair has never used a logo this detailed. The most detailed they have designed is Banshee and it looks like a circle compared to this raven. This is just my opinion and conclusion. 

• Like 1

*SIDE NOTE: I feel for KD people a little. In the Paramount Era they were the flagship. It is probably #5 in importance to CF and it is clearly not getting the attention or big investments.

Intimidator 305 disagrees with you. Granted, it's five years old now, but in the ten year gap between Millie and Timmy, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair, Dorney Park, Worlds of Fun, and Knott's Berry Farm never received a gigacoaster. That says something to have a recently bought park from an entirely different chain receive an attraction that rivals (and in some circles, surpasses) the legendary Millennium Force.

• Like 5

Really?

Steel Force?

Keep in mind that was over 20 years ago.

No. It wasn't. Not even 20. Much less "more than.."

Actually it was 20 because Mantis opened in 1996 but originally used the Banshee logo which was released in 1995. Dorney Park just recolored and used Steel Force instead of Banshee. So in reality the logo is about 20 years old

A large part of me thinks that renderings and simulations and published layouts actually ruin anticipation of new rides. If you ask me the original Beast TV advertisement was perfection. In this age though it's probably about impossible to keep a coaster's layout a secret.

Cedar Point is obviously #1. What's #2-4?

#1. Cedar Point

#2-4: Canada's Wonderland, Kings Island, Carowinds?

...*SIDE NOTE: I feel for KD people a little. In the Paramount Era they were the flagship. It is probably #5 in importance to CF and it is clearly not getting the attention or big investments.

A. From each according to its net income potential, to each according to that, too.

B. KD was never the flagship. Under Paramount Parks, first Kings Island was, then Carowinds.

Wasn't KD at least perceived as the flagship under Paramount by most?