Cedar Point 2016 Talk

The only barometer I know to go off of is attendance, since I don't think CF breaks down park-by-park in financials. 

And if we only went by attendance, it's 

1. Knott's Berry Farm (but it's not seasonal)

2. Canada's Wonderland

3. Cedar Point

4. Kings Island

and the rest of the CF parks aren't in the top 20. 

I was thinking KD was 5th in importance and yes I suppose that should be on attendance, potential attendance and ROI. I was thinking it is treated as #5 actually #6 now that I think about it behind Canada's Wonderland, CP, KBF, KI and Carowinds.

As far as Intimidator 305 disagreeing I was thinking about how CP is about to get 2 coasters since the 3rd year after 305 was built. I know that they know what their doing, money wise, I just never thought CP would get another large coaster before KD.

I am going to throw all of my evidence that proves this layout wrong. Number 1, the supports are all wrong. Compare the turn to Oblivion the Dark Hole. There aren't enough supports. Two, the ride layout has no station, transfer room, stairs, brakes or anything in any recent layout. Three (sketchy), this logo is too detailed too come from Cedar Fair. Cedar Fair has never used a logo this detailed. The most detailed they have designed is Banshee and it looks like a circle compared to this raven. This is just my opinion and conclusion. 

You have to realize that these images are coming from an app designed to run on a phone. When the VR is running, the layout has to rendered in real time on the phone. As a result, unless you want the app to become laggy, you cannot include all the details.

Compare it to what we will likely see on announcement night, the official POV will have already been rendered, cleaned-up and perfected.

I've also never heard of someone saying the logo is too detailed....

• Like 6

All of this divulging of stuff ahead of the official announcement is like opening all your gifts a few days before December 25th.  Plus - when something official does get released, it could be a tad different or a lot different.  Just because Tom, Dick or Harry can make a video of a coaster with their computer doesn't mean squat to me, nor should it to you.  Quite frankly, I'm sick of it.

There - that's my "official" words.

• Like 3

I think the current administration is trying to build up Carowinds. I do not see CP being the prized possession that it used to be.

Don't get me wrong, Cp is still an amazing park!

I saw that image this morning. I actually think that looks like a very fun and exciting ride. I am a big fan of Dive Machines though, so I understand how one would be disappointed if they were not fans of DM.

• Like 7

I think the current administration is trying to build up Carowinds. I do not see CP being the prized possession that it used to be.

Don't get me wrong, Cp is still an amazing park!

I saw that image this morning. I actually think that looks like a very fun and exciting ride. I am a big fan of Dive Machines though, so I understand how one would be disappointed if they were not fans of DM.

Gatekeeper was added in 2013, Rougarou refurb in 2015 and a new major coaster investment in 2016 (assuming leaks/rumors are somewhat accurate), seems like a crown jewel to me. The Hotel renovations, and sheer number they have, still positions it as a destination for travelers. Carrowinds is going to see a lot of investment over the next decade for sure, but I doubt they will start putting in a few hotels/campgrounds and making it a major tourist destination. I'm thinking it will be more on the Kings Island level catering mostly to the surrounding areas with a hotel/campground perhaps.

• Like 1

Wow......Interesting way to look at the Cedar Point 2016 teasers and Batavia Dive track......

I'm not sure I'd look at it that way......Especially as this does seem somewhat far-fetched and far-researched.....

But still a fun way to look at things either way.

Link to the article they mentioned:

http://www.weirdus.com/states/ohio/bizarre_beasts/south_bay_bessie/index.php

• Like 1

And yet, people talk about Six Flags and wood coasters.

I submit that Kings Island has been highly influential when it comes to wood coasters:

First with Racer (and Scooby Doo).

Then with Beast.

And now, with Son of Beast. (Texas Giant and RMC conversions, Rolling Thunder, Gwazi, Thunder Road...)

Perhaps even Hercules was an early indicator on the Cedar Fair side...

• Like 7

There's a reason they're called Dive coasters. Outside of the dive, there isn't much else to get excited about.

Ain't that the truth.

They're still fun though, and people LOVE them. That dive is a huge draw.

Correction: some people. I personally think that the dive, at least on SheiKra (the only one I've ridden), is purely a gimmick, and a boring one at that. The complete stop at the top robs the drop of all excitement IMHO.

• Like 1

Apologies for the double post.

I saw this mentioned on Facebook and thought I'd bring it up here. The term "Valravn" has connotations of death. Five days before the big announcement, somebody died at Cedar Point. If "Valravn" is indeed the current name of the 2016 project, might they pull a Mantis and quickly change out the name for something less likely to offend?

• Like 5