Cedar Point 2016 Talk

http://live.pointbuzz.com/

Former Chick-fil-A will now be Frontier Inn. Fresh chicken, premium handmade tenders, farm fresh salads, sides.

I'm so thrilled that Cedar Point is going outside of their comfort zone to bring us healthier food options.  <_<

Edit: More here: http://cpfoodblog.com/frontier-inn-to-replace-cedar-point-chick-fil-a/

• Like 3

Summarizing the other announcements here, since that link is to a live blog:

• STR is, indeed, history. Along with Challenge Racing & SkyScraper.
  • Dodgems is getting new cars
  • Upgrades for the fresh-cut fry midway stands
  • New stage for All Wheels Extreme
  • New $120/yr "Ride Warriors Club" with exclusive events
  • Bigger & better Luminosity
  • New VIP morning tour that includes Valravn lift walk
  • Like 9

Taken from the Pointbuzz live blog (live.pointbuzz.com) because they did a better job of remembering the news from Winter Chill Out than I did:

-$40,000 was raised for A Kid Again. (My note: Tony did mention that Cedar Point is looking to support more local organizations. Perhaps that's why Coasting for Kids isn't happening?)

-Shoot the Rapids is coming down. If you haven't already seen the pictures on Twitter, the second hill and drop are already dismantled.

-Dodgems is getting new cars from Italy.

-The go-karts and SkyScraper are being removed from Challenge Park. SkyScraper is already missing from the horizon, so one would assume it's already dismantled and gone. Ripcord's picture was in the presentation, but nothing was mentioned about its fate. (It's still standing.)

-Similar to Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Cedar Point will offer premium Sunrise Thrills tours involving climbing Valravn's lift.

-Cedar Point is essentially starting a Cedar Point-only coaster club called Ride Warriors Club. Involves exclusive events, ERT, off-season tours, etc. Priced at $120/year.

-Aforementioned Chik-Fil-A changes.

-Hurricane Hannah's (just inside the front gate) to become a Coke Oasis, complete with bubble machine on the top of the building. Apparently someone told Tony that it would probably only last a week.

-The fresh-cut fries place by Raptor will be getting redone, complete with 3D sign. Attitudes will become a Coke Freestyle stand. The other two fries places will receive the new signage.

-All-Wheels Extreme will get a new stage. Luminosity will continue to evolve as an experience.

It was a wonderful event, as usual. I had a great time. Thanks to Cedar Point for putting it together!

• Like 13

It was such a well done event. In addition to the surprising and exciting changes/renovations announced, it was amazing being to see some behind-the-scenes areas of the park.

And man, Valravn truly is massive. Pictures really don't do it justice. I'll try to post a trip report with some pics soon, but long story short--even if some of you may complain about the actual ride itself, it is without questions one of the most visual rides in the park. The way all guests and non-riders will be able to interact with and view this coaster will be awesome.

• Like 9

I also read that TTD is getting some new paint as well.  I'd love to see how that gets done considering the logistics.  I hope CP shows how that works.  

Discovery/Daily Planet actually made a great little video about it:

I was wrong.. partially. No spray, but they have to be on the structure and basically on the rails of their baskets! 

Or Holiday World.  Either of those two parks make the Dodge Ems at any CF park feel like a waste of space.  I will say, however, that I was thinking the very same thing when I read the announcement of the new cars in regards to hoping they arent as governed down as KIs.  Laughable is an understatement when describing those.

• Like 5

Cedar Point > Holiday World, when it comes to bumper cars IMO. Bumper cars without a center island and one-way signs will always be better in my book than bumper cars with those "features". Granted, I last rode CP's Dodgems when they were over by the marina gate, and I think they were recently moved, so I don't know if changes were made in that move.

(Not to mention that Holiday World has so little space on each side of their center divider that in my experience it's quite common to end up in a logjam completely blocking one entire side that takes forever to escape and get moving again.)

• Like 3

Never seemed to be an issue for me.  With the speed (which is what Dodge Ems SHOULD have) that the HW cars have, I have always simply P.I.T. maneuvered those who cant seem to master the rudimentary task of driving in a counter-clockwise circle.  Spin em to win it!

With that said, Cedar Point's have always offered Brad and I a good, and entertaining time the times we have ridden them.  Again, let us hope the new Italian cars keep that trend going..

• Like 3