Cedar Point 2016 Talk

Its kind of amazing to see almost all of Valravn's elements except the final hill looking to be taller than or on par with Raptor's first few elements.  

Holy guacamole- this thing is huge.  

EDIT: Went and looked at the stats on the Valravn webpage, and the MCBR is nearly as high as Raptor's first hill.  

• Like 9

I was looking at the ride animation, which nowadays, is a very good representation of what the ride may end up as, especially from Cedar Fair, and I noticed that it looks like the third car of the train has slightly more space between it and the car in front. The 2nd train has slightly less space between it and the car in front of it.

Anyone else able to distinguish this from the animations?

• Like 2

Cedar Point: There's another Valravn surprise in store for riders - http://www.wkyc.com/features/cedar-point-theres-another-valravn-secret-in-store-for-riders/66123677

We already know all of Valravn’s record-breaking dive coaster stats, but the new scream machine has a secret that has not yet been revealed.

“We’re working on something very special for the queue line that’s never been done at Cedar Point before,” park spokesperson Tony Clark tells WKYC exclusively. “It will make your wait for Valravn a little more entertaining.”

That’s all we get.

“If I told you what it was right now, I’d be applying for a new job,” Clark adds.

• Like 10

If you want interactivity, you have to go to the mobile map nowadays.

Speaking of which, the mobile app map has yet to be updated.

And upon double checking if my app wasn't updated, I found out that Cedar Fair made this Valravn app haha

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CedarFair.CedarPointVR

--

What do you guys think the odds are that they'll remove Challenge Park within the next 5 years to build a new ride?

Looks like there's only Challenge Golf and Ripcord there now.

But there's a juicy plot of land next to Millenium Force's overbanked turns... and if Dinosaurs go extinct within the next few years.. even more space :)
  • Like 3

What do you guys think the odds are that they'll remove Challenge Park within the next 5 years to build a new ride?

Looks like there's only Challenge Golf and Ripcord there now.

Calling it now, 2016, Challenge Park will remain there with Challenge Golf and Ripcord. In 2017 we'll see the relocation of Ripcord and Challenge Golf will no longer be there. Soak City expansion in the former Challenge Park area.

That VR app has been around since a few days before Valravn was announced.

I am hoping CP updates their mobile app to include the interactive map like KI's has too.

The CP app will be updated, when? This year.....at some point. Hopefully before the park opens as said at Winter Chill Out. Cedar Fair is rolling out newish websites later this year from what I understand too.

• Like 3

Note the addition of (yet another) 3 point shootout as well as some other game booth along the Blue Streak Midway.

I wonder if the Pirate Ride building will at least get a facelift or has something done with it. I think it will look really out of place given all the improvements and additions nearby.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From what Tony said, they are preliminary tests......so not full functioning tests like the holding brake before the dive and barely slowing down at the MCBR. 

He said that the train at the top was supposed to be slowed down/stopped before the holding area, but it didn't do that and just cruisedthrough.

• Like 4