Cedar Point 2016 Talk

CP Road is open every day. The road is maintained for situations like this, and to help clear out the parking lot and crowded days. There is one Toll booth, that can serve two lanes. As for speeding, it doesnt take much for the road to become bumper to bumper.

The private road aspect is that it's owned by the park, the same signs appear on the causeway as well.

• Like 3

I've never paid attention to the signs, so I looked up the road on Google Images this came up:

CP+sign.jpg

Found Here

I dislike that the sign stating what road it is is bigger than the "private property, speed limit 35, enforceable by....." 

Having a sign that big could be misleading on the fact it's advertising the road and not passable for big vehicles and the fact that the smaller private property sign could be hidden behind it depending on your vantage point.

• Like 2

Because it is assumed those so going are residents of the private road.

What would happen in a case like this remains to be seen...

I wonder how many folks that live on Cedar Point Road go and if so, how often. Would it be enough at this point in time to justify a toll booth? 

And the sign clearly indicates it is NOT the public's road to Cedar Point.

The one with the speed limit yes.....the one in the foreground of the photo states in big bold letters: Cedar Point RD. People that aren't from around the area could and probably see this as the road to the park and turn down it. The only indication that it's not meant for CP guests is the arrow and description saying "Turn Left for Cedar Point." This could also be confusing to many drivers....I'm sure many have thought "Why turn left when the road is right here?" 

I'm not arguing the fact that it's not a private road, I'm just stating how signage could be confusing and misconstrued. 

• Like 2

With the detour, it's probably better to get cars out before dark.

As for the reports of a water spout, are we sure that wasn't just Malem Tasmainian Devilin' his way through ERT?

You're never going to let me live down that trot from Beast to Banshee (& back), are you? :)

• Like 4

^^^ Not quite; I limited myself to a reasonable pace most of the day. With little to no wait for anything, and not wanting to overdo it before nightfall, I had time to kill between each ride.

The funny thing is, during ERT, I had to step up usual pace to keep up with acole5292.

• Like 5

^^^ Not quite; I limited myself to a reasonable pace most of the day. With little to no wait for anything, and not wanting to overdo it before nightfall, I had time to kill between each ride.

The funny thing is, during ERT, I had to step up usual pace to keep up with acole5292.

So, you admit you sometimes engage in an unreasonable pace.

That's the first step to rehabilitation.

• Like 6

And didn't you say you had to keep up with me during Opening Day? :)

• Like 3

Just as well. I'd just end up with multiple injurys.

Last time I roller skated, which was 7 or 8 years ago, and probably 15 years since I had, I immediately ended up with my legs above my head. All the little teenys and kiddies, and moreso the better half, thought it was hilarious. Of course I would have to if it didn't hurt so bad.

• Like 3

So, you admit you sometimes engage in an unreasonable pace.

That's the first step to rehabilitation.

I can get carried away, yes. Running through an empty Frontier Trail is one of my guilty pleasures. Perhaps I should register for one of the races they do up there.

I usually limit myself to a power walk, though. Running on a midway, especially one with people on it, can be dangerous.

Oh wow, someone faster than you??

I was originally planning to light jog Magnum->TTD->Valravn->Maverick. Walking that loop would have used up a quarter of the ERT, hence the hustle.

It's not often that someone's wanting to go faster in a park than me. Quite refreshing, actually. :)

And didn't you say you had to keep up with me during Opening Day? :)

Yep; you ran off ahead, and I had to pick up the pace to keep up.

• Like 4