Cedar Point 2016 Talk

I guess I'm in a small select crowd that likes Mean Streak the way it is (except the very back wheel seat.)

Welcome to the club for those who enjoy Mean Streak, we are few yet we exist! Then there are some of us who find it one of the best in the park. 

• Like 1

I guess I'm in a small select crowd that likes Mean Streak the way it is (except the very back wheel seat.)

Welcome to the club for those who enjoy Mean Streak, we are few yet we exist! Then there are some of us who find it one of the best in the park.

Yea, I find it to be one of my favorites in the park

But I also think Magnum is arguably the best ride in the park. Except maybe the front row on Maverick.

• Like 4

My guess is that interviewer, (for lack of a better word) will not be working the nightly news anytime soon.

I'm very happy to be a "roller coaster idiot". And have caught a hard time over it, more than once. I'm sure I will, again.

And I'm more than ok with that.

• Like 5

I just spent 2 days at Cedar Point.....

Friday...I found out there was a new Cedar Point app.....not like park info...but "The Battle For Cedar Point." 

It's an interactive game that you pick a clan (choices are Millennium Force, Gatekeeper, Valravn, Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster). You then have the option to do the trivia (to get you points for achievements), then you look at the battle map and there are multiple "blips" located throughout the park. You are tasked to find said blip and follow the instructions. Those instructions could be, scan a t-shirt, scan one of the park maps posted in the park, scan a ride sign, enter a queue, etc. When you scan some items, there are some cool things to happen. 

I'll show you some examples (that lead to the posts I shared from the game on Twitter) under the spoiler section if you wish to see:

• Like 5

They announced the battle for Cedar Point at Coaster Mania without planning to do so. The parks general manager brought it up and started talking about it then stopped and asked the PR head if they were talking about it yet. Who responded that they had not planned on it but at this point it is a a little too late.

• Like 4

They announced the battle for Cedar Point at Coaster Mania without planning to do so. The parks general manager brought it up and started talking about it then stopped and asked the PR head if they were talking about it yet. Who responded that they had not planned on it but at this point it is a a little too late.

Or...it was planned just that way. (Ooooh, we got inside info!)

• Like 6

The boys and I are headed up to CP in the morning with the goal of getting there for by 9 for ERT and probably finishing out the day with a bit of time at Soak City early to mid afternnoon for some lazy river time. That will require us to get out the door by 6:30, not sure how realistic that is. :)

Can we park in the Soak City lot that early and then enter the park from the resort entrance? Our plan is to mostly stay at the top NW side of the park this time, last week we only made it as far up as MF.

Thanks. I am assuming the SC lot is the best place to park since we are not staying at the hotel. I am having a little trouble figuring out how to get from the lot to the entrance looking at Google maps. Do we walk on perimeter road or go around challenge park and under Magnum? There looks to be some sort of tunnel under Perimeter road that leads to the entrance. The cartoon map is not helping me much.