Cedar Point 2016 Talk

I guess it is where they focus IT resources. SF has a totally screwed up POS system that takes 90 seconds and 50 screens to ring up a soda refill, if the clerk can even figure it out without help from a supervisor. Don't get me started on them figuring out season dining plans, that is usually a nightmare.

CF is just a quick barcode scan for a refill.

What is interesting is it sure seems SF and CF use the same processor for online sales of passes because the are so similar.

• Like 1

And I've NEVER had a problem with a Busch, Universal, Dollywood, or Camden Park pass. Six Flags passes have worked flawlessly.

Why is this so hard for them?

And never so much as an apology, either. Much less a discount or front of the line pass available to gamblers.

I have, worked one evening and not the next. After waiting in line for security then having to leave the secure area to get the pass fixed then in the security line again then the line to get the pass scanned again. Cost me over half an hour at park opening. Six has problems too. And my Cedar Fair pass? No issues so far, including my trip to CP. I guess its just case by case.

• Like 1

And our 4th visit to CP with platinum's this year and our 4th time we have had pass problems. This is getting old.

Has happened now on renewal and a new pass this year.

What were the issues if you don't mind me asking? 

And I've NEVER had a problem with a Busch, Universal, Dollywood, or Camden Park pass. Six Flags passes have worked flawlessly.

Why is this so hard for them?

And never so much as an apology, either. Much less a discount or front of the line pass available to gamblers.

I'm assuming it's the program that houses the ticket/season pass info, not Accesso. I want to say it's was built in house but not 100% but they pull up the program when I have issues with my pass current and back in 2011 when I upgraded from a Kings Island Gold to Carowinds Platinum. 

Chug,

First time all the passes were denied and shown as single use. (No idea)

Second time it showed she had already been in the park.

The last two times I not sure.

Big red x, a screen with a bunch of info and a trip to their supervisor for 10 minutes then we get in.

And something interesting I just noticed.

In the CP Soak City parking lot amongst the other utility markings is a place that says "gate". It's straight south of the current gate about 200'.

Hopefully a SC expansion in the works. It could use some love.

• Like 3

I had the big red x on Tuesday...it was a pain. I was at the marina gate. The girl went and called, scanned me in and said to go to Guest Services. They got it corrected (I hope for the other CF parks). 

I'm fairly positive that CP will see a Soak City Upgrade/Expansion for 2017, I am guessing the resort gate will move closer to where the "Challenge Park" ticket booths were. I had heard rumors (as always) going around that Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora would be closing at the end of the season and CP would be getting some of the slides for the expansion. 

We shall see.

• Like 2

We have been to KD,KI and Carowinds many times so far and had no issues. Just seems to be a CP issue. One if our passes was processed at KD and works perfectly at KI so its not just a KI platinum that is having the issues.

• Like 1

Knock on wood, I've never had a problem.

After reading here, I was kinda nervous drivin almost 7 hours to KD then 5 to Carowinds earlier this year.

And with return trips to CP and KD (I LOVE Volcano and I-305) coming up. I hope that trend continues.

• Like 2

Add me to the Pass issues list...

Same platinum passes as last year.

Worked at KI this year

Went to CP after multiple KI visits

Day 1 worked perfectly

Day 2 two of our four passes acted as if they were tickets. And gave the X because the passes were considered already used. Went to guest services and after a half hour and multiple attempts by supervisors problem solved by getting new passes.

Accesso really is unimpressive.... Seems like someone with minimal talent could easily snatch this business from them.

I wonder how much upper management at CF is aware of these problems. Maybe Terp could enlighten us as to if parks typically audit themselves via the "secret shopper" method.

• Like 2

^^^ Not sure how to prove you were not in the park. Obviously they would need to be able to state what time you were scanned allegedly.

Terp, How high did you escalate the issue?

^^ how I would have attempted to solve that problem would be to give them my phone number and make copies of my passes and tell them to call me when they sorted out THEIR problem but to not ruin the day for my family and let me go about my business in the park.

^ Not sure how to prove you were not in the park. Obviously they would need to be able to state what time you were scanned alledgedly.

I was told this on a Sunday morning when I was second in line to get in and the park had not opened. "But, Sir, the computer says..."

Six people and 30 minutes later, I left.

Life is too short for such mendacity.

• Like 3

We haven't had any issues with our Platinum Passes at either CP or KI. Funny story though, yesterday as we used our passes for re-entry into KI the red X showed briefly and then our picture showed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I just purchased a CP platty for my wife. Wouldn't let me do the payment plan thingy but that's fine. Other than than internal software glitches as described here the only problem I see is if her pass gets lost. On the back of the cards it says replacements have to done at the processing park, so that could be a real pain. Hoping adding the passes to the CP and KI app will help mitigate that if something happens to any of them.

Crossing my fingers.

• Like 2

I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but apparently Cedar Point is now offering valet parking for twice the cost of regular parking ($40). It debuted on the 7th and is operated by a company out of Cleveland called MVP.

https://www.facebook.com/mvpvaletservices/posts/876327842495443

https://www.facebook.com/cprundown/photos/a.369208953172216.88126.349928541766924/1072868569472914/?type=3

There doesn't appear to be any mention of it on the park's website, but I read a post from someone who tried it out before it officially rolled out and apparently you can request your car via a website and have it waiting for you at the front gate when you get there (if I can find that post I'll link to it as well).

• Like 1

^ There is an option to purchase it online.

Hmmm. So do platty holders get a $20 discount? Probably not.

They obviously have to limit the number of cars they can accept. Let's say they have 20 attendants working the stand. Park closes at 10PM and 2000 people show up wanting their cars.

That has always been a problem for me and valet parking at anything but a restaurant. If it is any kind of event and lots of people try to leave at the same time it takes forever to get your car.

I suppose if they guarantee you won't have gull poop all over your car it might be worth it. :)

• Like 4

Brand S does....

Is Brand S SIX or SEAS?

^ Not sure how to prove you were not in the park. Obviously they would need to be able to state what time you were scanned alledgedly.

I was told this on a Sunday morning when I was second in line to get in and the park had not opened. "But, Sir, the computer says..."

Six people and 30 minutes later, I left.

Life is too short for such mendacity.

Oh, gosh! I saw that story before, but I missed that the park wasn't even open yet. That's just... wow...no words.

• Like 3

By the way, a few notes from my trip on Friday:

• Early July Fridays are good days to visit.
  • Magnum in seat 1-3, just after it has reopened after heavy rain, is very highly recommended.
  • I was served a hot burrito bowl at Chuck Wagon, hot chicken tenders at Frontier Inn (I'll forgive the cold fries), and a hot pizza slice at Corral. Food has improved markedly from last season.
  • Some rides unfortunately got the call to close earlier than 12:08am. Rougarou closed at 12:00 & Valravn at 12:05. Luckily, we made it to Raptor before 12:08.
  • Ohio Route 4 has its share of idiot drivers. I had to slam on the brakes (& horn) for a driver pulling out in front of me at a cross street, and I had to take evasive action in reverse for a truck making an extra wide turn while I was stopped at a light.
  • Like 5