Cedar Point 2016 Talk

Labor Day I made the mistake of letting my boys ride front row and just hopping on behind them instead of waiting for the next train. Nothing about that experience was enjoyable. A Larson Looper would be an improvement.

Not sure exactly what they have planned for Friday, but it deserves a ending like a toppled Mideast dictator.

• Like 3

Looks like I am going to Malem up to CP tommorow after school for last rites and check out HalloWeekends and likely headed back to Columbus at midnight or when the boys have had enough. (Like how I made Malem a verb?). We had our last ride Labor Day so if it is a zoo we won't be to upset if we can't get on.

Park opens at 6, do they have ERT on Friday's? Don't see any indication that they don't.

Anyone else going besides chugh43?

If I have time to gather my camping gear we may crash and hit the park a bit in the morning, but that is not very likely. We are fully capable of camping in the rain but it is not something I really seek out. Drying everything out whe you get home is PIA.

• Like 1

^ I guess I've developed something of a reputation for crazy day trips. :)

Early Entry is valid all season, including HalloWeekends, unless noted on the calendar. Tomorrow, it will start at 5pm.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I plan to go. If you're day tripping & would want to go together to split driving costs, just PM me.

• Like 2

Finally got a ride on Valravn in the front row. Always got stuck in the back prior.

Totally different experience. I'd given the chance to wait for the front, take it. It's worth it.

And had my worst ride ever on MS. Daughters first and last ride and she didn't care for it either. It's the first time this season and usually sit in the back but I'm good seeing it go.

• Like 2

I maintain that a "conversion" is often better than a demolition.  Not always, but often. 

For example, and this is purely hypothetical, I have ridden MS three times.  Not a bad ride, but it was kind of boring and rough in spots.  The park can completely demolish it and build a new coaster in the place of it, the park can leave the space undeveloped until the time is right to put something new in, or it can take the structure of MS and modify it.  Unless the structure is deficient, I would like to see this happen.  It is impressive on the skyline and most conversions have been well received.

• Like 3

If it is a conversion. I hope it's either RMC or GCI. If it's RMC, I hope it's not the I box

Agreed. Topper track rides seem to be better received, and the park can potentially market it as a record breaking wooden coaster. Both forms of RMC track are assembled at the factory, so it wouldn't take any longer on site.
  • Like 2

If it is a conversion. I hope it's either RMC or GCI. If it's RMC, I hope it's not the I box

Agreed. Topper track rides seem to be better received, and the park can potentially market it as a record breaking wooden coaster. Both forms of RMC track are assembled at the factory, so it wouldn't take any longer on site.

In the past RMC has stated they are not willing to put topper track on a conversion.  It is possible something has changed but I doubt it.

According to Wikipedia, about a third of the ride was given Topper Track.

As the manufacturing process has advanced, I see no reason for them to deny a customer the use of Topper Track for a full conversion. Both forms of track are assembled at the factory, and often both use steel crossties. Maybe when they were in the smaller facility with less staff they would deny such a request due to lack of resources, but I see no reason for it now. Especially with how well liked rides like Outlaw Run, Wildfire, and Lightning Rod are.

And how does The Georgia Cyclone ride now? Why didn't Six Flags complete the other 2/3?

Terp -- who learned about Socrates and questions long ago and far away.

My ride early on this year....it was terrible....I was spent afterwards.

As far as Mean Streak, I got my last ride this past Friday...wasn't terrible...wasn't great. I did receive a button! :D  I hope at this point the speculation turns out to be correct. 

I had an absolute blast at the Point this weekend, even getting drenched in line for TTD. Rode TTD twice this weekend with only waiting about 5-10 minutes both times. The 2nd time was in the front row!

• Like 1