Cedar Point 2016 Talk

Rocky Mountain Construction also does Skycoaster installation and water park construction. Both of which Cedar Point is currently doing.

As far as Skycoaster, the only one mentioned on their website is a different style....not to mention Ripcord at CP is on the ground in pieces for the move to wherever it's going. However, the crane wasn't on property from what I could tell prior to the end of Sunday night. 

As far as the Waterpark...maybe? 

Doesn't Cedar Fair partner with Adena Corporation for a majority of their installations? 

• Like 1

NTG I think started at the end of one season, worked through the next and opened the following. 

Mean Streak could follow the same timeline, but there are other reasons it may not..... 1) Not a full conversion/re-profile 2) this isn't RMC's first major project so they could possibly have the art/science down well enough that it may be finished in a smaller timeline. 

I'm still confident the new Mean Streak will open in 2018, hopefully with a new and original name and theme. When the announcement will be is what intrigues me. Currently I'm thinking they'll wait until the park reopens in May and do it then or early June before the new layout can start being figured out by the enthusiasts.

It makes a difference when you are comparing the first conversion they ever did, out of a factory significantly smaller than what they have now. Do we really think this one MUST take longer? CP hasn't had many problems getting rides constructed during the Erie winters before. They have 7 full months to get this thing running if they are looking at 2017.

• Like 2

Cedar Fair have been holding their cards closely on Hurler at Kings Dominion. The ride was closed for the entire season for renovations and that's about all that was said of it. No announcements on what said renovations might be or whom is doing work on the coaster. Now Meanstreak is being removed by track rather than most wooden coaster demises including Son of Beast, which was getting ripped down by cables. I find it all strange.

• Like 1