Cedar Point 2016 Talk

^ front left seat for me. Yea, it was even better than I thought it would be.

Man is it cold and dreary here. Quite a few of the coasters are down cause of the weather.

Time to enjoy some Chickie & Pete's famous fries.

• Like 4

I've been on Griffon and Sheikra and enjoyed all three rows. Each row gives you a slightly differently experience. I love the thrill of the front row and staring straight down and waiting for the release and drop. However, I found that my nieces preferred the other two rows as it wasn't as terrifying for them. I'm excited to experience Valravn and see how it compares.

• Like 3

Nah, said it was down for an extended time.

Millennium, Rougarou, Corkscrew, Iron Dragon, Valravn. Everything else is down.

Most of the flats seem to be open.

Supposed to be less windy tommorrow. And not rain. High of 53. According to The Weather Channel.

And you know weathermen and women never are wrong.

• Like 6

Notwithstanding the forecast, it's more windy now than it was yesterday. Apparently, the only coaster open is Wicked Twister. Winds might decrease somewhat this afternoon, so hang in there!

For any KIC people braving today, I'd be curious to know how windy it is at 200' or 300'. Some ride crews will tell you.

• Like 4

Hoeter and I are headed home. We had a blast today and did several things. Coasters were down temporarily this morning but several opened without issue soon after winds died down. There were hardly any rides with extended downtime. Maverick was one that didn't go into operation our time at the park.

Not as windy today as it was yesterday. Warmer too!

Forecasts aren't always going to be right, they can help you plan for sure.

We did more than we thought we would yesterday and today, it even snowed on us today.

Great time was had by us.

Sent from the cellphone Zach Morris used in Saved By The Bell using Tapatalk

• Like 10

What a long weekend it did end up being.

I was gonna post some updates like i did yesterday, but I ended up not taking my phone into the park.(I usually don't.)

The highlight of my day was I got to witness Maverick roll back and valley out of the last inversion going into tunnel launch. Nothing like about 50 people ugg'n at once. 

All in all a pretty good weekend, Even though I did get beat half to death by sleet on Gatekeeper.

• Like 7

Sounds about right. I didn't pay no attention to it. Flashed my pass and went.

Same thing they with the Fast Lane Plus. $105 Saturday, but down to $93 Sunday. Which is still crazy. I didn't even have $93 bucks in the whole trip.

• Like 2

That is just strange to me.  I would expect Fast Lane and admission to vary based on estimated attendance.  But it feels weird to me that the price of parking would change.  I do not know of another park which modifies the price of parking like that.

Readers of the decoding thread may be interested to know that Maverick has been operating, albeit sporadically, today. It didn't open until around noon.

It's currently down so the crew cam retrieve a guest's loose article(!).

• Like 3