VIDEO ON THEIR FACEBOOK:

https://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint/videos/10153130555386463/

https://youtu.be/FAjku9rTITs

Looks like they'll now have a gate coaster at three entrances

---

Official site now up:

https://valravn.cedarpoint.com/?_ga=1.121144648.1181630915.1430925388

• Like 13

Huh, so the coaster enthusiasts and leaks were correct. And while the ride itself looks decent (though a bit short and smaller than I was expecting) what I really liked here was that in the videos, the surrounding areas around the new coaster looked awesome, as was the case with nearly everything else that has been built at Cedar Fair parks since Ouimet took over in 2012. This ride will be fun to watch, that's for sure, with all those footpaths around it providing viewing areas. Also now you will be surrounded by 3 roller coasters (Blue Streak, Raptor, & now Valravn)  when you enter "Blue Streak Plaza". Thus that view, IMO, should be EPIC in 2016... :P

Should be a solid addition for Cedar Point- they now will have FIVE 200'+ roller coasters. Considering there are a few parks that don't even have a hypercoaster yet, and Kings Island had AT MOST 2 (in '09 before Son of Beast kicked the bucket and while Diamondback had just opened) that is pretty darn crazy for a park.

They also didn't finish counting down their coasters- Pipe Scream and Rougarou never got their Facebook posts. :P

Update: Read a bit more and realized Valravn is actually going to be the LONGEST dive coaster in the world. So I guess Dive Coasters in general are just fairly short rides.

Update: Their Facebook page is still counting down coasters and did Pipe Scream, so that apparently will finish, but be late.

• Like 4

I really thought they were going to be announcing a dark ride before track started showing up. It was really hard to believe a coaster was going to fit in the area they had blocked off, but they obviously figured it out. I have never been on a dive machine. Looking forward to riding it.

• Like 4

So wait, is it only gonna be 8 seats, 1 row per car, like in the picture? I wonder what capacity will be like?

If you scroll around on the POV above your post, it shows 3 rows of seats.

In the press release: Valravn can accommodate approximately 1,200 riders per hour and guests must be 54 inches or taller to ride.

https://valravn.cedarpoint.com/tales-of-valravn/press-release

I do love this artwork!      https://valravn.cedarpoint.com/imagecache/pageLarge/cf_logohdr_hdr.jpg

cf_logohdr_hdr.jpg

• Like 4

For you phone users, this is a very cool POV

*click the view on Youtube button**

WOW...I don't think I have ever seen a POV VIDEO where you control the ride like your playing No Limits and stuff...awesome.

Also, on the decreased train size, I'm not sure but I think they might have done that so the train could safely go through the course faster and with more forcefulness- Thunderbird, a Wing Coaster, has way shorter-than-usual trains but is also reportedly much more forceful than most other B&M Wing Coasters based on the reviews I have seen. They could be doing the same here, thus meaning this MIGHT be the most forceful dive machine yet.

Or Cedar Point cheaped out and bought smaller trains to save money. That would be my only other theory. I honestly hope its the former that is correct...

Update: Or...see below. That makes sense too...WAIT THIS HAS THE VESTS!?!? I didn't even notice that...

• Like 7

I know y'all are harking on the fact its only 8 across, but its also not that long of a ride in terms of time.  I don't think its that big a deal in the long run.

I've never been on a dive machine, but I dig free fall in about any form even if it is 'gimmicky' (like some tell me about TTD), so I'm looking forward to this.  Having that roll with those wide trains looks fun.  Its fitting it has the records, including this being B&M's 100th.  Not bad at all.  

• Like 4

Something interesting I thought of- let's say you're at Cedar Point and are about to enter the park. I realized something- if it's a huge roller coaster you're going for, the main front gate with Gatekeeper over it? Horrible choice for beating others to the lines, except maybe for Raptor (and the Valravn gate people might still beat you there). The other gates, however, would give you quick access to...

Valravn Gate: Valravn (duh), Blue Streak, Raptor, Millennium Force, Rougarou, Iron Dragon

Beach Gate: Gatekeeper (since the ride entrance is near the beach- the front gate arches are actually pretty far away from it), Wicked Twister, WindSeeker

Magnum Gate: Magnum XL-200 (again duh), Top Thrill Dragster, Gemini, Corkscrew

So, in an ironic twist, that epic front gate with the giant Wing Coaster flying over it, welcoming you to the "Coaster Capital of the World"? Don't use it when you first enter and go for one of the other less epic gates instead. You'll get to a major coaster/ride of your choice faster. Unless for some reason you wanted to ride The Carousel or Ocean Motion first on the trip... :P

EDIT: Looked at Google Maps really quick, below poster has a point. For stuff in the very back of the park (Maverick, Mean Streak, etc.) the Magnum Gate would likely be the best option.

• Like 2

Something interesting I thought of- let's say you're at Cedar Point and are about to enter the park. I realized something- if it's a huge roller coaster you're going for, the main front gate with Gatekeeper over it? Horrible choice for beating others to the lines, except maybe for Raptor (and the Valravn gate people might still beat you there). The other gates, however, would give you quick access to...

Valravn Gate: Valravn (duh), Blue Streak, Raptor, Millennium Force, Rougarou, Iron Dragon

Beach Gate: Gatekeeper (since the ride entrance is near the beach- the front gate arches are actually pretty far away from it), Wicked Twister, WindSeeker

Magnum Gate: Magnum XL-200 (again duh), Top Thrill Dragster, Gemini, Corkscrew

The stuff at the very back of the park (Maverick, Mean Streak, Skyhawk, etc.) would probably be best reached from the Valravn gate as well, though it'd be a fairly decent walk. Power Tower would also probably be reached by the Magnum and Beach gates about equally.

So, in an ironic twist, that epic front gate with the giant Wing Coaster flying over it, welcoming you to the "Coaster Capital of the World"? Don't use it when you first enter and go for one of the other less epic gates instead. You'll get to a major coaster/ride of your choice faster. Unless for some reason you wanted to ride The Carousel or Ocean Motion first on the trip...

Maverick and MeanStreak would still probably be best reached at Magnum's entrance.

And the Valravn entrance is not nearly as accomodating with parking spaces. Soak City lot and main park parking will still be your best options probably.

• Like 2

A great new B&M dive coaster looms on the horizon. I personally can't wait to ride it. It sets sail under a rain of negativity. A storm brought by many I perceive, that may only be following others perceptions.

There are a total of 2 B&M dive machines operating in the U.S.  Yet the number of negative comments would lead one to believe almost everyone has ridden one, and that they suck. 

I have rode 1, of the 2, that exist in this country, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  

• Like 12