Week XVII: Most Memorable Topic on KIC

BB1

Okay I'll admit it, I am getting a little bit of nostalgia due to my upcoming trips back to my old parks and to some new parks with old themes. Also I have been going through some of my old content on my laptop and KIC, bringing back old topics brings back memories I wish I could hold onto forever. With this week being a little bit in the past, I decided to bring our poll week back into the KIC Forums. In all of your time visiting KIC, which topic was your most memorable? Why was it most memorable? Feel free to post links or quotes from the topic that you find most memorable.

• Like 1

The Starting to Decode: 2014 Topic has to be the most drama filled, memorable topic of the time I have been a member. It had it all, the half million views, the trying to decode what would become Banshee and how the park would tease us and it all didnt make too much sense until they announced it. The thought of what the ride would be came from a B&M Giga to a B&M Invert. That is my most memorable topic on KIC.

• Like 11

I am in the older generation I guess and the Diamondback thread in 2009 is what got me into being a true enthusiast and being really interested in the industry. I can not seem to find the thread in the search for some reason, but that thread was so long and was so much fun as we watched DB being built slowly each day!

I made so many friends on here and at the park from it.

• Like 7

I would agree on Starting to Decode 2014. I had been on the site a few years by then (joined in Spring 2009) as that one was RIDICULOUSLY huge. It was a time when you visited KIC, and then came back 5 minutes later and that thread had 20+ new posts already it seemed. So much came out of that one thread.

Honorable Mentions from my time here on KIC would be...

-The various Son of Beast threads...however not one really sticks out since there were several of them, which kind of hurt their chances.

-TOPGUN1993's countdown to opening day threads with the retro KI pictures. Any of them. These were awesome.

-The standing within 3' of 1974 (or something like that) thread...yeah, I really enjoy looking at pictures of Kings Island from before my first visit in 2000 (also 2001-2008 since I never visited during those years either)

-The Banshee construction thread. In a sense, this was the sequel to "Decoding 2014"...

• Like 4

I haven't been here long enough to really be part of any of the big discussions such as the Decode 2014 thread. So I guess my favorite would be the "New Haunt Attraction Near The Beast" thread. This would be for several reasons:

- It was the very first thread I started here (under my previous handle DTK1376 before it got deleted mysteriously)

- It being my first thread, ended up being 11 pages long of good dialogue for the most part

- And the moment I posted I was told how crazy I was to be posting something from Screamscape like it was a foregone conclusion it wasn't happening so it shouldn't be discussed, so I had a bit of vindication with that lol

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/29490-new-haunt-attraction-near-the-beast-this-year/

• Like 4

I would agree on Starting to Decode 2014. I had been on the site a few years by then (joined in Spring 2009) as that one was RIDICULOUSLY huge. It was a time when you visited KIC, and then came back 5 minutes later and that thread had 20+ new posts already it seemed. So much came out of that one thread.

Honorable Mentions from my time here on KIC would be...

-The various Son of Beast threads...however not one really sticks out since there were several of them, which kind of hurt their chances.

-TOPGUN1993's countdown to opening day threads with the retro KI pictures. Any of them. These were awesome.

-The standing within 3' of 1974 (or something like that) thread...yeah, I really enjoy looking at pictures of Kings Island from before my first visit in 2000 (also 2001-2008 since I never visited during those years either)

-The Banshee construction thread. In a sense, this was the sequel to "Decoding 2014"...

This. Those countdown threads were amazing.

• Like 5

For me the most memorable topic was "The Crypt- Gone for 2012". I remember getting SO confused when I saw the ride was no longer on the website and I started looking for info as to why. That's when I discovered KI Central and started reading the forum, though I didn't make an account til years later.

• Like 3