Which would you choose if you had one weekend?

APE

Courtney and I have one weekend where we are going to try and do two parks we have never been to any of these parks. We are looking at June 6th and June 7th. Also I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning why you picked what you did as well as any tips, tricks, and or suggestions you may have for us. This will be a limited budget trip as far as hotels and food goes.

• Like 1

While I personally (as an avowed B&M fanboy) think that BGW probably has the best overall coaster lineup of the four parks, I think that the Hershey/SFGAd combo offers the most variety ride-wise. El Toro, Skyrush, Nitro, Kingda Ka, Fahrenheit, and Storm Runner make a pretty awesome set of coasters to look forward too. While i305 has gotten rave reviews from most of the enthusiast community, I think the supporting rides at Hershey and NJFTP (hi Terp!) are much better than those at KD.

• Like 1

I'd personally advise that it come down to whether you value big rides over theming (or vice versa.)

If theming's your thing, get yourself on the KD/BGW trip ASAP. With the uncertain status of SEAS, I would not hesitate visiting BGW before the theming maintenance budget takes any more hits than I'm sure it already has. It's really an impeccably themed place with a selection of (in my opinion) above-average coasters throughout the park. The food is delicious and unlike anything you'll find outside of Florida. And Kings Dominion, in my opinion, is always worth a visit--it's the cleanliness and operations and big rides of a Cedar Fair park with the fun, themed areas that you won't find at Kings Island.

Great Adventure isn't anything to sneeze at by any means, and it has both theming and big, good rides. El Toro really is worthy of all the hype, and this is coming from someone who's typically bored by out-and-back coaster layouts. And almost all the rest of the coasters are NOT to be ignored, especially the Arrow Mine Train. What food I had there was very good, but it wasn't anything extremely out of the ordinary as far as offerings go. (Compare: I had chicken parmesan and spaghetti at BGW and a taco salad at SFGAdv, albeit a very good taco salad. Of course, I've eaten a grand total of one meal there. I'm sure someone--especially Terp--can better describe the food there.) As far as Hersheypark goes... I don't know. I guess I don't really get that place. I find it pretty vanilla and really don't anticipate ever craving to go back there. The rides are objectively good, but the park as a whole didn't blow me away. Your mileage may vary. I very much like Great Bear and Comet and Fahrenheit and Storm Runner, but I don't think it's worth the 8-hour drive unless I'm already going to be in the area. Again, you might love it--it's all in what you're into. I hear Skyrush is pretty great!

• Like 2

Having never been to any of these parks, if I were in your shoes I would probably pick KD and BGW. KD is included with a KI Platinum Pass (hopefully :P), and having been to BGT once, I'd love to see its counterpart. On the flip side, there's really nothing about Hersheypark or Great Adventcha that makes me say "I wanna go there".

I have heard great things about each of those parks from a lot of people, and that leads me to believe that there's no "wrong" answer here, and I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless.

I personally am taking a KD/BGW trip this summer. However, my reason was that I wanted a Toomer-designed looper to be my 100th coaster, and Loch Ness Monster seemed a fine choice. But that's just me. YMMV.

• Like 2

I've been leaning more towards KD/BGW. I am obsessed with finally getting a ride on I305 and I'd like to make that my 100th coaster. Ever since I was little I've wanted to go to BGW. I've been to BGT and loved it about 12 years ago.

I made this poll mainly to see if anyone can convince me that the other option is better and to see which trip more people would take here. I want to ride El Toro and Sky Rush real bad but I'm not sure that desire out weighs the one for I305.

• Like 2

Wow, I don't know if I can answer that. KD, has Volcano,I-305, and the Crypt. NJFTP , Nitro, El Toro, and the best wild mouse coaster ever, The Dark Knight Coaster. Both of these parks required a return visit this year. I know it's not on your list of options, but I think I'd consider doing both of them instead.

Blackstone and its delayed, weak response to an animal activist anti-SeaWorld movie called Blackfish. Revenues and profits have disappointed. Blackstone has responded with massive jobcuts at the working level, budget cuts and cuts in hours, shows, etc.

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/16003-busch-parks-blackstone-now-what/

Along with NoChickens, I have done 2 of the 4 parks (at the same time, imagine that!). KD and NJFTP are wonderful parks and from what I have heard about the other 2 parks you shouldn't be disappointed with either option.

I go back and forth on which one I prefer between NJFTP and KD, both have excellent offerings. I don't know if I can truly pick a favorite between them.

I will say I wish we would have done BGW instead of Carowinds last year. (Even though I want to go back to Carowinds this year for Fury 325. I want to do Six Flags Georgia when/if we get to go.)

Also, if you might go to more than one Six park this year, their version of the Platinum Pass is relatively inexpensive. I think I pay $8.50 a month per pass and it includes parking. Parking is pricy at their parks.

• Like 2

I can't handle this kind of pressure. I will say I'm leaning more towards the BGW and KD now after reading all of the things that seem to be happening with BGW. I want to go before it is completely destroyed. Those ticket prices are horrible though.

• Like 5