Wonderpark

StXBomber

Since I had school off today, that can only mean one thing: boredom. Nothing to do but play PS2 and work on my next coaster. Since I had done both things for a few hours, I was bored. So I get online and start chatting. I then realize I still have some free game coupons for Laser Web, so I ask FoF if he wants to go to Laser Web, and we are off. I get there, and see FoF walking out of his car toward me. Turns out that it was closed for a private party. He then goes, "Wanna ride a coaster?" I start thinking, "What does he mea... ooooooh, he can't possibly mean..." He says, "Wanna go to Forest Fair?" Yup, he was talking about Wonderpark.

We get to Forest Fair mall, and walk in through all the construction to Wonderpark. Did I mention I hate Wonderpark? It's loud, they have the DDR machine right next to their coaster so you can't hear the music, and little kids are running all over the place.

Well, FoF and I get a ticket each for the Boa Squeeze, their indoor rollercoaster. Sad thing is, it had a line. We have to wait 1-2 cycles to get on. This lady in front of us starts yelling at us as we jokingly go "line jumpers!" when little kids cut us. She goes, "You two are RIDING?" A cycle later, "You know, Kings Island isn't that far from here." No kidding! The only reason I was there was because PKI was closed! She wins the "Bee-Yatch of the Day Award". Waiting in line I start comparing it to PKI rides. "Hey, it has a helix like Vortex, Beast, and SoB, a turned drop like AE, and a hump like FoF!"

Well, beside it being a kiddy coaster, it was good. You go around it 3 times instead of 2 like on Taxi Jam (I think that's 2 times).

Well, after that we play some DDR, air hockey, some ticket games, and then go to that outdoor store (can't remember the name) and then left.

"If you go to a mall in the middle of winter to ride a kiddy coaster, you might be a coaster freak." -Me

Edited by StXBomber

As an employee of the wonderpark, let me just say that no one hates it as much as I do. With that said, the one woman that you got the privledge of dealing with probably wasn't the worst of the ones that were there today, and I should know, I was there from 11-8 today (otherwise known as all day). So, as a word of advice, no matter how much you want to ride a coaster, it's not worth going to the glorious forest fair mall, on a holiday, when everyone and their mother decides that they should come as well.

As an employee of the wonderpark, let me just say that no one hates it as much as I do.  With that said, the one woman that you got the privledge of dealing with probably wasn't the worst of the ones that were there today, and I should know, I was there from 11-8 today (otherwise known as all day). So, as a word of advice, no matter how much you want to ride a coaster, it's not worth going to the glorious forest fair mall, on a holiday, when everyone and their mother decides that they should come as well.

11:00 - 8:00? That's a swing shift buddy, try working at PKI from 9:00AM til 12:00AM, that's all day.

As an employee of the wonderpark, let me just say that no one hates it as much as I do.  With that said, the one woman that you got the privledge of dealing with probably wasn't the worst of the ones that were there today, and I should know, I was there from 11-8 today (otherwise known as all day). So, as a word of advice, no matter how much you want to ride a coaster, it's not worth going to the glorious forest fair mall, on a holiday, when everyone and their mother decides that they should come as well.

11:00 - 8:00? That's a swing shift buddy, try working at PKI from 9:00AM til 12:00AM, that's all day.

Are you for real??? People really work that long??? Someone would be crazy to work that long!!

That is not as bad as the early open 8:45 am to 12:00 am and then having to clean up Rivertown after Fearfest until 2:00 am. On top of that having to be back at the park the following morning again at 8:45 am. That was one of the worse shifts ever.

It was probably ten times busier at the Wonderpark today then it ever is. This is because it was a day off from school for most kids. On the other days, it is deader than PKI in the winter. I think any shift at the wonderpark would feel twice as long when there is absoulutly noone there. Plus, with the exception of Reptarrunner the workers at the wonderpark are complete morons.

Breaks for minors, especially those that work doubles, can be difecult. It just takes some practice. You just have to look out not only for when they go on break, but when they will need to have their second break. It can get quite complicated. But, with practice, it gets easier.

Yes, I'm quite aware of an all day at King's Island. It's something like Family Fun Friday on the Fourth of July, so then you get to come to work at 8:00 in the morning and not leave until around 1:00 in the morning the following day. And because I'm not a minor I'm volunteered by my manager/supervisors to this. But, an all day at the wonderpark, is nothing like an all day King's Island. First, because at King's Island you are busy most of the time, and when you aren't there are still a few children milling around your ride, whereas at the wonderpark, unless a lot of people don't have school, you'll be lucky if you have around 10 families all day. Secondly, at the wonderpark, you are lucky to get a break period, much less every 5 hours as you do at King's Island and even when you do get a break, there is no place to go and hide from the crazy people, therefore you are still being yelled at or given dirty looks, just because you are trying to eat something and sit down for 10 minutes. Finally, (and as I'm not sure how the "big" side of the park does things) but in HB they rotate you from ride to ride, position to position, for the most part every hour, this keeps you from getting bored, or wanting to kill yourself, because you've been stuck working the Zoom for two hours by yourself, on BAFFD. At wonderpark, however, once they put you on a ride, you may get the joy of working that ride anywhere from one hour to five or six hours straight. And when that ride is the bumper cars and you have a line and only one or two cars working, it just isn't enjoyable. So, basiclly what I am saying, is that yes, I'm know that 11-8 doesn't seem like a long time, in comparison to an all day at King's Island, but in comparison to the crappiness of an all day at wonderpark versus an all day at King's Island, let me just say I will never complain, again, about how god awful some of the guests and some of the employees are.

11:00 - 8:00?  That's a swing shift buddy, try working at PKI from 9:00AM til 12:00AM, that's all day.

Nah, 7:45a.m. to 3a.m. is all day, almost literally. Got to love spiritsong weekend. And yes, breaks can get really really complicated, try juggling 20 people between two shifts where half of them are doubles and you need fifteen some people to operate the location as directed. Got to love BAFFD.

Edited by TraderJake

Point taken ReptarRunner.

Yeah guys I've worked longer than 9 - 12 too, I was just estimating a normal saturday, on 12:00 closes I got out of there around 1:30 and if you want specifics I get there around 8:40.

Yeah, Wonderpark sounds like a terrible place to work, if i'm stuck at a spot for more than 2 hours, I start to go crazy.

I am also a ride op that wandered over to the Wonderpark in search of some winter cash (and in fact introduced Reptarrunner to the idea of working there). What can I say? It was a job that would take me for only a month in the winter, and they were decent. But I could never work there for any longer than that. You think the people who re-ride at PKI are bad? Try running a ride for the same annoying children when they are the only ones in the "park". You'll soon appreciate your summer job more than ever.