*** Headsup!*** Seaworld/Busch Gardens Charges on my Credit Card

Hi all....I was just reviewing my Credit Card charges and on 2/27/2015, I have a temporary charge on my card for $17 dollars. I have no idea what this is for or why there is a pending charge, however I do know that SW/BG has a lawsuit pending concerning hidden charges and automatic renewal.

I will monitor my card and update you folks if anything else hits my card. I will dispute the charge if it occurs since I have not renewed any passes this year.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2014/12/9/seaworld_lawsuit.html

• Like 2

Do you live in Florida?

$17 is the monthly amount for a SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Tampa combo pass on the EZPay system that is available to Florida residents. After one year of mandatory payments your pass goes monthly and can be cancelled at any time.

However.

If you DO NOT tell the Company that you wish to Cancel the Pass, they will keep charging you, every month of every year until you tell them not to.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/annualpassesresident/?from=Booking_Widget

As for the "lawsuit". the guy should have read what he was agreeing to. Even my twelve year old can comprehend the EZPay system.

Do you live in Florida?

$17 is the monthly amount for a SeaWorld/Busch Gardens Tampa combo pass on the EZPay system that is available to Florida residents. After one year of mandatory payments your pass goes monthly and can be cancelled at any time.

However.

If you DO NOT tell the Company that you wish to Cancel the Pass, they will keep charging you, every month of every year until you tell them not to.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/book-online/tickets/annualpassesresident/?from=Booking_Widget

As for the "lawsuit". the guy should have read what he was agreeing to. Even my twelve year old can comprehend the EZPay system.

I live in good ole Ohio. I wish I lived in FL...if only to not be up to my fluffy white behind in fluffy white snow...

• Like 5

Has your 12 year old TRIED to cancel?

Supposedly doing so is next to impossible. See also Comcast.

Cancelling our Comcast service was without question the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

Time Warner is definitely no better.

I had service through them in my dorm at college. When I moved out, I cancelled it. I have service at home already, so I didn't need to move that service with me. I called up the representative to cancel and I was assured that my service had been terminated. No equipment to drop off because I own my own cable modem (which cost me $20 on Amazon and saved $5 a month from my bill. Highly worthwhile)

The next month, my credit card got charged by them, precisely the amount of my old bill. So I called again to ask what the heck was going on. They refunded my card and assured me that it was cancelled again.

The next month, I received another charge from them. So I called again. And demanded another refund. And another cancellation. And told them to go ahead and cancel my home internet and cable, too. By the end of the call, I got my money back (again), was assured that it was cancelled (again) and got off the phone with my home service intact (which I really didn't WANT to cancel anyway, but I needed a bargaining chip and was willing to switch to Cincinnati Bell if absolutely necessary) and my bill on the home service cut in half for a year.

Finally, the charges stopped. But I watched my statements like a hawk for months after that.

On the one hand, I guess it worked out in the end. On the other hand, it was cumulatively HOURS that I spent on the phone sorting that out, and time is money...

• Like 5

Do you live in Florida?

However.

I live in good ole Ohio. I wish I lived in FL...if only to not be up to my fluffy white behind in fluffy white snow...

It was 80 degrees today and no Snow.

Sucks that the company is difficult to deal with when trying to cancel something.

• Like 1

Cancelling our Comcast service was without question the worst experience I have ever had with any company.

Time Warner is definitely no better.

I had service through them in my dorm at college. When I moved out, I cancelled it. I have service at home already, so I didn't need to move that service with me. I called up the representative to cancel and I was assured that my service had been terminated. No equipment to drop off because I own my own cable modem (which cost me $20 on Amazon and saved $5 a month from my bill. Highly worthwhile)

The next month, my credit card got charged by them, precisely the amount of my old bill. So I called again to ask what the heck was going on. They refunded my card and assured me that it was cancelled again.

The next month, I received another charge from them. So I called again. And demanded another refund. And another cancellation. And told them to go ahead and cancel my home internet and cable, too. By the end of the call, I got my money back (again), was assured that it was cancelled (again) and got off the phone with my home service intact (which I really didn't WANT to cancel anyway, but I needed a bargaining chip and was willing to switch to Cincinnati Bell if absolutely necessary) and my bill on the home service cut in half for a year.

Finally, the charges stopped. But I watched my statements like a hawk for months after that.

On the one hand, I guess it worked out in the end. On the other hand, it was cumulatively HOURS that I spent on the phone sorting that out, and time is money...

That is why I am hesitant to set up automatic payment schedules. Just dont trust these companies sometimes....

• Like 4

That is why I am hesitant to set up automatic payment schedules. Just dont trust these companies sometimes....

I've learned my lesson. I manually pay my cell phone bill and car payment every month now. Unfortunately, the car payment requires me to actually go to the credit union... But it's not a long drive so no biggie.

I have written exactly 21 checks in my life (which I know because my checkbook is on number 22) and 12 of those have been car payments...

• Like 4

Just signing up for Time Warner was an experience itself. 3 hours on the phone, a phone rep adding things to my account and billing me for hardware I didn't request, 2 separate installation trips, and since neither had what I needed, an hour wait at their office on a Saturday. If it wasn't for sports, I wouldn't have bothered signing up.

• Like 3

^Which is why we got Comcast in the first place as well. I'm making due with ESPN and ESPN2 on Sling TV now. $20/mo is much more palatable than $150.

Being a NASCAR, OSU, and hockey fan, I need Fox Sports 1, 2, Ohio, as well as Big Ten Network.

• Like 1

According to the article, Mr. Herman didn't attempt to Cancel his. He just didn't read the fine print and got mad when they wouldn't refund him after he went 8 months without keeping tabs on his credit card account.

As for my 12 year old, she said that while she has not tried to cancel a SeaWorld pass she knows to keep a closer eye on her bank/credit card statements than the man in the "Lawsuit".

• Like 3

According to the article, Mr. Herman didn't attempt to Cancel his. He just didn't read the fine print and got mad when they wouldn't refund him after he went 8 months without keeping tabs on his credit card account.

As for my 12 year old, she said that while she has not tried to cancel a SeaWorld pass she knows to keep a closer eye on her bank/credit card statements than the man in the "Lawsuit".

People will sue no matter what. We live in a sue happy country

• Like 4