Will there ever be an *Official* Son of Beast Documentary

DontWantToWait42mar0

You all seem so convinced that Kings Island wants to remove Son of Beast from the history books ( and RECORD BOOKS for that matter.)

But how can you be so soon to forget when it was brought down, pieces of the ride were available for sale to the general public because they wanted it to live on in the hearts of the adoring fans. Heck one member who is bashing the idea of a documentary in this thread even owns said piece of memorabilia.

If Kings Island didn't want you to think of Son of Beast then why is there a flame still burning in memory of what was once an incredible coaster??

/thread

• Like 1

I have no dog in this fight, couldn't care less.

From a park stand point, sure recognize the ride etc.

From a media side and PR side, what is the point of this ride as a doc? What story does it have to tell? Does it make people want to come to KI more? The ride only pushed the boundaries of height and speed.

Again, there are better coasters in this state, heck in the park, that would be better as a documentary.

*** cantwaitfortomorrow if you want a doc, go and make one. Independent film makers can approach a company with an idea. Story board. Request media interviews. Track down former workers, etc.

• Like 4

The flame is almost always not burning.

Symbolism?

That's like saying Kings Island almost always doesn't have nightly firework displays.

When the park is open, the "eternal flame" is seldom burning. Like Son of Beast itself, it started shining brightly, then went dim, and, probably like the ride, will sit unused for years then disappear.

• Like 7

I could see SOB as part of a documentary that showcases multiple rides and/or parks that failed. There's certainly a plethora to choose from to make a list.

That I actually sort of wouldn't mind since it was just that...a failure....add Windjammer, Hard Rock Park (?), SFWoA, and others to that list. Would Vertigo at CP be considered a failure? I actually remember that ride quite well how it disappeared as quickly as it came, lol.

As much as I hated the ride experience, a part of me still misses seeing Sonny in the skyline. I was working at the park for nearly the entire duration of that ride's existence (rides and park services) so I seen it open and close a lot during those years. It did offer some of the more interesting night rides I experienced on a coaster. Actually what I do miss most of it is that dang lift chain...from the midway I actually liked it, on the ride itself though....my fingers went straight into my ears.

• Like 6

The flame is almost always not burning.

Symbolism?

That's like saying Kings Island almost always doesn't have nightly firework displays.

When the park is open, the "eternal flame" is seldom burning. Like Son of Beast itself, it started shining brightly, then went dim, and, probably like the ride, will sit unused for years then disappear.

What?

You really think Kings Island would play that kind of sick joke?