Coney Mall flat rides

DontWantToWait42mar0

Some spinning I can handle, some I can't. I have no problem on anything at Kings Island. Put me on a Tilt a Whirl and look out.

Most fairs have a ride normally called Gravatron. That thing is an evil monster from Hades. Same with Merry Go Rounds and Dizzy Dragons.

• Like 4

My Wish List (Any or all or these would be great!)

Whip

Tilt-a-Whirl

Ferris Wheel

Air Race

Spinning Keggers

Rodeo

Wipeout/ Trabant

Paratrooper

*There are so many great, obscure flats out there.

Is there a manufacturer out there currently making adult size Whips? There really needs to be...

• Like 5

And Mission: Space at Epcot?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

I'm claustrophobic and effected by spinning, however outdoors I can spin all day. I went to EPCOT with a friend and we went on Mission Space the summer after the child died riding the ride. I was feeling iffy about riding...so we rode the motion free...piece of cake. Later my friend rode the motion side and loved it. I was convinced to ride the motion side.

I found the ride to be fantastic!!! The trick is to stare at the screen and keep your head steady...it felt like we were really flying.

Needless to say the first time I was "talked out of riding" by the bombardment of all the warnings about motion sickness, intensity of the ride, be sure to ride motion free side if you get motion sickness and numerous other warnings while waiting and hour in line (to the point of practically talking me out of riding.)....I have to say that Disney often warns to the extreme on most of their "extreme" rides.

• Like 2

My Wish List (Any or all or these would be great!)

Unfortunately there is not. Amusement parks close so often though that if they want one they can get one.

Whip

Tilt-a-Whirl

Ferris Wheel

Air Race

Spinning Keggers

Rodeo

Wipeout/ Trabant

Paratrooper

*There are so many great, obscure flats out there.

Is there a manufacturer out there currently making adult size Whips? There really needs to be...
No, there isn't unfortunately. Although amusement parks close so often that I would think they could get one I'd they really wanted one. I love what Kennywood and Knoebel's do in that regard. I don't see the chain parks ever rescue rare rides.

On 3/4/2015 at 0:37 AM, Italian Job 2005 said:

I think a whip ride would fit quite well in Coney Mall with the other flats.

On 3/4/2015 at 1:02 AM, The Interpreter said:

As it did at one time...

No it didn't - the only whip attraction Kings Island has ever had is Linus' Beetle Bugs (formerly Swiper's Sweepers, Alley Cat 500, The Screecher, and Funky Phantom). You may be confused with Cuddle Up, which was a Crazy Daisy ride removed in the 1970s.

BnIMe2R.jpg

• Like 7

All of the Coney rides are fun! Even the Scrambler, though I hated running it; parents blow it off as a kiddy ride.

It's hard to get a kid to sit up straight in a ride and hold on when their parents insist it's okay for them to lay down, or otherwise compromise their safety.

Yes, I understand centrifical force will help them stay in the seat, but an E stop blows all your Einsteining out the window, and your kid onto the pavement.

I love the carousel, too- but same problem. If your kid wants to stand on a horse; Barnum's camp is south of here.

Sorry for the grouching; maybe it's just winter.

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

Hi gang new to the forums  :D  

Love Coney Mall area especially at night. Does any remember or know if Dodgem used to have carnival lights on the building? With every thing else lit up in that area at night Dodgem seems kinda dark compared to the other flat rides in the area. 

I love the Coney Mall flats. Back when I was younger and would only ride Adventure Express, and the formerly Nick themed coasters, I would spend so much time just riding Scrambler and Zephyr. So yes I would love to have some new flats, because I know they are great for kids and adults alike who are not ready to challenge Diamondback or Beast

• Like 3

Reducing Monster spin can be accomplished with persons of a balanced weight. With my 6'2" cousin, it would spin with us on it regardless how still I sat.

He'd keep yelling for me to stop spinning it, but believe me, it was beyond my abilities to cease the spinning.

• Like 4