Which Cedar Fair Amusement Park Do You Prefer?

kingsislandfan1972

I have been to 4 Cedar Fair parks, and my answer is Cedar Point. Not onlyare most of my memories from CP, but I truly do love a lot of their coasters. There are things I don't like about it, but having been to a decent amount of other parks across the country I'm always missing Cedar Point. I can't wait to be there all of this summer.

• Like 2

I've grown up around Kings Island and it does indeed hold immense sentimental value to me, but I have to give my vote for favorite to the only other Cedar Fair park I have been to, Cedar Point. Even though I've only been there once, I think the primary reason I have to pick it is due to how much I enjoyed some attractions that I had known very little to nothing about before my trip. Blue Streak, Gemini, and Cedar Downs come to mind as prime examples of that point.

• Like 3

Ive been to Cedar Point and Canadas Wonderland. Canadas Wonderland is an absolutely amazing and beautiful park, I havent been there in a while, but I used to love it. Cedar Point is an alright park too with a couple of my favorite rides such as the Gemini and the Corkscrew. Though these are both great parks, the park that is which my favorite is definitely Kings Island, every year my parents have taken me, and I ask them every year to take me there for my birthday. My parents grew up with Kings Island in the past, as with my brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles and cousins, so I guess Kings Island is like a family tradition, and when I have kids in the future, I will carry on that tradition.

• Like 1

Much in the same way my opinion about a coaster can be swayed greatly by how long I have to wait in line, the closeness of Kings Island to where I live (about a half hour drive) makes it a shoo-in for my favorite park.

There was a long time when Cedar Point was my favorite, but it's hard to justify the long drive and paying for lodging any more when I have such a great park so much closer. I also like that while there's a lot of coasters now at KI, it's still a pretty manageable size overall, and at a brisk walk, I can get from nearly any location to any other (of the dry side anyway) within about five minutes. With the addition of Cirque Imagine to round out a day at KI, I have very little desire to make a much longer trip anywhere else.

I haven't yet made it to any of the other Cedar Fair parks, and don't have any immediate desire to do so.

• Like 1

Kings Dominion. It's the Paramount-era theming I like without the "we haven't painted/fixed/looked at the theming since we bought Paramount Parks" feeling that Carowinds had when I went last.

I've been to six Cedar Fair parks: Kings Island, Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, and Michigan's Adventure.

• Like 1

Of the listed, I've visited all but the first two alphabetically ordered (both forwards and in reverse lettering).

Somehow, despite not having the most favorite Cedar Fair version of: wood coaster, steel coaster or flat ride,, Kings Island is still my vote.

• Like 2