Fast Lane 2015

PKIVortex

The Fast Lane line up has been announced and available for purchase for the 2015 season. Fast Lane Plus rides for 2015 are the following: The Beast, Banshee, Flight of Fear, and Firehawk. Fast Lane rides are: Diamondback, Delirium, Drop Tower, Invertigo, The Racer, Vortex, WindSeeker, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Zepher, Monster, Adventure Express, Scrambler, Shake Rattle and Roll, Congo Falls, Viking Fury, Eiffel Tower, Dodgem, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Surf Dog, Race For Your Life Charlie Brown, Flying Ace Aerial Chase.

Fast Lane is as low as $45 and Fast Lane Plus is as low as $60.

I figured The Beast would go back to Plus after how popular the Fast Lane Que was last season. Also with Flight of Fear being added back to Plus makes me wonder if the problems have been worked out and the ride will be back to using the last car on the train this year.

• Like 9

At the end of the season when it was your last chance to use Fast Lane (which you got from renewing - for free) all the regular lines of rides were basically the same as the Fast Lane line (size).

Back on the topic at hand... I really like the rides that are on the Fast Lane Plus lineup.

• Like 2

Cedar Point apparently announced at the Winter Chill-Out event that platinum passholders will be able to purchase Fast Lane Plus at the Fast Lane price.

I don't expect a similar discount at Kings Island, as season passholders comprise a much larger share of total attendance. As JubJester noted, Fast Lane doesn't work very well when too many people have it.

• Like 3

It's a nice lineup. The one time I purchased Fast Lane Plus last season was probably the most fun day of riding coasters I've ever had. I will definitely buy it at least once more this season with FOF now on it. I enjoy FOF but I hardly got to ride it with it's extremely slow moving line last season.

• Like 3

I'm surprised Woodstock Gliders isn't included on Fast Lane, although I suppose neither Cedar Point's or Dorney Park's flying scooters are either.

I'm glad they're not. It's a low capacity ride, it could make the regular line really long.

Cedar Point's flyers were part of the Fast Lane last year. I have distinct memories of standing under a very hot June sun with no shade and being *this close* to ride and kids with the Fast Lane wristbands coming running up. There goes another ride cycle.

I'm glad the Woodstock Gliders won't be part of that system. And I really really hope there will be shade over the queue area.

• Like 2

At the end of the season when it was your last chance to use Fast Lane (which you got from renewing - for free) all the regular lines of rides were basically the same as the Fast Lane line (size).

Back on the topic at hand... I really like the rides that are on the Fast Lane Plus lineup.

I used mine on a cold, rainy October Saturday. The Fast Lane lines were, in many cases, LONGER than the regular line.

That said, neither was ever more than 5 minutes that day on most rides... That was the day of my 17-ride Vortex marathon. The most useful thing about Fast Lane that day was dramatically reducing the amount of walking needed to get back in line on Vortex.

• Like 4

Whew! Glad they got Congo Falls on there, wouldn't want to wait in that atrocious line!

/sarcasm

It really depends on the day that you go. Some days FastLane will be worth it...other times, not so much.

But I do often wonder why Congo Falls has as many switchbacks as it does.

I seen some guy using Fastlane last year on a weekday when every ride in the park had less then a 5 min.wait.

• Like 2

Whew! Glad they got Congo Falls on there, wouldn't want to wait in that atrocious line!

/sarcasm

It really depends on the day that you go. Some days FastLane will be worth it...other times, not so much.

But I do often wonder why Congo Falls has as many switchbacks as it does.

The reason for all the switchbacks is because there was a time that that ride was a popular ride in the park. I remember when I was younger waiting in pretty decent sized lines to ride it.

• Like 5

Kings Dominion is running a single day admission and FL+ combo for as low as $104. I don't see this offer for any other CF park. Possible test run for chain-wide rollout?

I wonder why Flight of Fear isn't on FL+ for KD. Not enough other good rides to entice people to buy FL?

https://www.kingsdominion.com/plan-a-visit/fast-lane

Additionally, CF seems to have moved away from only 2 rides on FL+ at more of their parks. CP has Rougarou, TTD, Maverick, and Gatekeeper. KI has Banshee, Beast, Flight of Fear, and Firehawk. Carowinds has Fury 325, Intimidator, Nighthawk, Dorsal Fin Drop, and Surfer's Swell.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/plan-a-visit/fast-lane

https://www.carowinds.com/things-to-do/fast-lane

• Like 4

I already purchased my ticket to KD for our trip in April. Got lucky I guess because what I paid for the ticket and FL+ would be a little less than what it is now combined. In all honesty it's kind of brilliant to try and sell as many FL as you can before people get to the park and realize that maybe the lines won't warrant using it.

• Like 1

I like the idea, I'm not sure if it would really save me money taking in the discounted ticket factor. It does entice one such as myself going from out of town to spend more money to have the Fast Lane where i wasn't considering it before.

I'm surprised Woodstock Gliders isn't included on Fast Lane, although I suppose neither Cedar Point's or Dorney Park's flying scooters are either.

I'm glad they're not. It's a low capacity ride, it could make the regular line really long.

Cedar Point's flyers were part of the Fast Lane last year. I have distinct memories of standing under a very hot June sun with no shade and being *this close* to ride and kids with the Fast Lane wristbands coming running up. There goes another ride cycle.

I'm glad the Woodstock Gliders won't be part of that system. And I really really hope there will be shade over the queue area.

The flyers at KD were on Fast Lane last year. My friend was the only one in the Fast Lane line and was passed over for two ride cycles before he got mad and left the "line".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

looks like i know where my moneys going opening day.

Welcome to KIC!

More than any other day, the weather plays a huge role in determining crowd sizes on opening day. In mid-April in Ohio, the weather could be any combination of rain, snow, sleet, dry, 40°F, 80°F, sunny, cloudy, calm, and/or windy. And none of those are mutually exclusive.

I suggest holding off on purchasing Fast Lane until the week of Opening Day when we can actually see what the weather will be like. And if there's precipitation of any kind or temperatures below around 60°F in the forecast, wait until you actually get to the park and see what the crowds are like. Fast Lane rarely sells out.

• Like 5