Fast Lane 2015

PKIVortex

• 2 weeks later...

^ I really think that's an overreaction. The ride is buried way in the back of kiddie land. I really don't think that Fast Lane is going to be bombarded even on a busy day. I've been in Planet Snoopy on busy days before, and I rarely ever see Fast Lane being used. I mean, I do see it occasionally, but it's very uncommon. I highly doubt it will have much of an impact.

• Like 1

A lot of people might not use it, but you're already dealing with an exceptionally low capacity ride. Much like Backlot, it will only take a handful of people using Fast Lane to bring the line to a halt. The other Fast Lane attractions in Planet Snoopy are decently high capacity so the effect is negligible.

Two or three families with Fast Lane could turn a near walk-on into a 30 minute wait.

• Like 5

I had a two day trip to Kings Island last July. The first day was Thursday, and most rides were a five minute wait (except Backlot Stunt Coaster and Flight of Fear (which I did not ride as it makes me nauseous, but my friends did.)) The next day, the park was much more crowded and my 2nd day companion and I shelled out for Fast Lane, which included The Beast. I have to admit, I loved bypassing the lines on Friday.

I have noticed that since adopting Fast Lane, lines seem much longer. However, in 2014, I must have chosen perfect days because Fast Lane was not needed except the one Friday when we bought them. I even had to wait longer to get food at The Chicken Shack than friends had to wait to ride Banshee (this ride too, makes me nauseous).

I am dismayed that The Beast has been added to Fast Lane Plus this year. It will make more money for Cedar Fair, but I would much rather be selfish and see Banshee, Flight of Fear and Firehawk on Fast Lane Plus.

Edited to correct my typos of Fast Pass, and Fast Plus Plus. Oh and Fast Pay.

Edited by jtro223
  • Like 3

If Fast Lane is handled properly at Woodstock Gliders I don't see an issue. As long as they don't let an entire cycle go with all Fast Lane users it'll be fine. They should do some type of split if Fast Lane has a line. Fast Lane is not a Walk on Lane anyway.

• Like 2

And you KNOW that for the 2015 season, and even six weeks from now, how exactly?

Terp, who likes to ask questions.

He said that there *is* no discount, meaning at the present time. He did not attempt to predict the future, so maybe there *will be* a discount before the end of the season. :)

• Like 1

I, too, am hoping that Flight of Fear's problems are over. It seemed strange that, for so long, no one could ride in the back car of any ride.

Cedar Point does Dragster a certain way. They will leave the middle of the train empty for a certain time.

Actually, when the motors are still warming up, they will load Dragster from the front, slowly adding rows/cars until the whole train is in use. Never the middle.

Loading from the front makes the train front-heavy, helping to lessen the chance of a rollback. After all, if more of the weight of the train is on the down side, then gravity will pull it that way should the train run out of momentum.

• Like 3

I think it should be good for ONE walk on for each of the rides - not unlimited walk on. OR go with the TimeSaver method that Dollywood uses where you reserve a ride time. then you can always reserve another ride time later. All this does is slow down the boarding process for the regular line. Overall lines would move faster if they weren't feeding in "Fast Lane" riders and I do think multiple rides - when they get off and get back on another time or two before you get on from the regular line even once is annoying.

• Like 1