Kings Island Ranks in Top 5 list for Coaster Fans

MysticsTimber

Quoting the article: "Rounding out Theme Park Tourist's top five list: Cedar Point, Carowinds, Canada's Wonderland and Six Flags Magic Mountain."

Very interesting! 4 out of 5 are Cedar Fair parks! I'm sure they'll be happy to hear this.

• Like 7

That list is just ones guys opinion but it still really surprises me to see KI above the Point

Ehh, if you read the intro he did say this was not in any particular order. So...KI didn't outrank CP in the author's mind, he just had both in his Top 5 for their coaster collections. He even did blurb a bit that if he did, Cedar Point would probably have been on top in his opinion.

• Like 2

I'm not real surprised to see Kings Island in the list. I think we have a great line up. Many with a great history or records.

Racer is basically credited for starting the next golden age of coasters. Beast is ranked one of the best wooden coasters and still the longest. Banshee is a world class, record breaking coaster.

We also have a suspended coaster (The Bat), a shuttle/boomerang (Invertigo), launched and indoor coaster (Flight of Fear) with decent theming, a great mine train coaster (Adventure Express), big multi-inversion coaster (Vortex), airtime and hyper coaster (Diamondback), flying coaster (Firehawk), multi-launch family/midlevel coaster that is also a bit of a terrain coaster (BLSC), plus a wide selection of family coasters in Planet Snoopy with 3/4 (depending on if you count Surf Dog as one or not).

With these we have a fantastic lineup already. Yes there is room for new additions to give more selections, like wing-riders or giga coaster). But plenty to choose from already.

• Like 4