We Need Your Help! (and I bet you'll want to give it to us!) -Escape The Room Challenge

Right now, the weather forecast looks like it's going to put the kibosh on my plans to do some photography downtown. I sure as hell ain't walking across the Ohio River in a thunderstorm. :P

So I'm probably just going to drive down that evening for dinner and the escape room challenge.

• Like 1

So far, no finalized plans (other than the list of 5 people, as of 7:19 this morning).

How about 6:15pm at one of the restaurants right at I-75 and Tylersville? (In no particular order: O'Charley's, Perkins, IHOP, TGI Fridays, LongHorn Steakhouse, Dewey's Pizza, City Barbecue, Bob Evans)

Anyone (who is going) have a preference? I'd suggest picking somewhere that will take an advance reservation, so that we're not stuck waiting on a table. (All of those except IHOP, City Barbecue and Bob Evans)

I'd suggest LongHorn; different people may want different things, but usually everyone can find something interesting at a steakhouse. Perkins is IMO overpriced for what you get, and has been for a long time. Friday's has very little on the menu that I care for, and I've never been in an O'Charley's. And I don't want pizza.

Chain restaurants can be hit-or-miss with food quality. I've been to the LongHorn location at Tuttle Crossing (in Columbus) a few times and have had no problems with service or my food. For anyone who saves newspaper ads, there is a coupon for LongHorn Steakhouse in last Sunday's Columbus Dispatch (and probably other newspapers).

O'Charley's might be another consideration if people want a more inexpensive option. They offer a selection of dinner entrées for $9.99, though I haven't been impressed with their food quality after they stopped operating their own commissary.

Link to menus with prices:

If we're meeting for dinner, we should get a headcount and decide on a restaurant soon. Especially if we have a larger group, I'd like to make a reservation before they close tonight.

• Like 1

Mrs. No Chickens can't post here at the moment, but she just told me on Facebook that they don't care as long as it's not fast food. I told her that the leading options were LongHorn and O'Charley's, and she said either is fine.

• Like 2

O'Charley's has more options and seems more budget friendly, so let's meet there. I'm telling them 6:00pm so that we don't have to be in a hurry.

They have a call-ahead seating arrangement instead of taking true reservations, so I'll call back tomorrow afternoon to get us on the list. If anyone else is coming, make sure to let me know by then so that we get a table large enough for everyone.

Weather permitting (i.e. no lightning), I'm planning to head down early for a jog at nearby VoA Park. I'll then get to the restaurant by 5:45pm to make sure that they're ready for us.

• Like 4

Sounds good. I have to contend with I-75 between Dayton and Cincinnati, as well as I-675 before that, which are likely to be busy at that time of day. So I'm going to aim to get to Tylersville Road by 5:15 to 5:30 so I'm not late if I hit traffic jams, and because I don't mind waiting an hour if I don't encounter traffic.

If I have time, and weather permitting, I may head over to VoA Park as well for a walk. My bulging belly could do with some decent exercise, especially if I'm going to eat a large meal.

• Like 2

Princess Sparkles and I are going. I am not sure what time i am going to be off from work tomorrow, so we might not be there until 6:30 since I will have to get her before heading that way.

O'Charley's sounds good to me.

• Like 4

Princess Sparkles and I are going. I am not sure what time i am going to be off from work tomorrow, so we might not be there until 6:30 since I will have to get her before heading that way.

O'Charley's sounds good to me.

You want us to grab the Princess for you? We will be in town before 5.

• Like 3

80fa782cd805b3a97ad231812efa25e1.jpg

Me looking like a goob with Esmerelda.

That was great, guys! I really enjoyed escaping the room with you all. :)

I'm just glad we didn't get paddled by a naked Russian.

Getting your picture taken with one of my gypsy ancestors, eh?

I have a colorful family background ^_^ we been in every war since the start of America and before the wars my family were sea captains on pirate ships -___-

• Like 4