Paper or plastic season/annual passes?

So are Universal Studios Orlando Premier passes look like this: (not my picture)
tickets-universal-studios-photo_8101769-

Yes you got that right! Are $434 Universal Orlando pass is merely a piece of cheap paper! It is about the same grade paper as a KI 1 or 2 day ticket.... After riding one water ride yesterday and having my piece of paper in my pocket all day it already has washed out spots and is bent quite a bit... And I was being quite gentle with my pass... I think this is honestly flat out ridiculous! Then to "protect" you investment you could buy a Universal lanyard for who knows how much... or if it becomes unreadable because wear and tear and water, you will have to wait in a nice line for customer service... I mean for $434 for a pass you should be able to afford hard plastic or give everyone a free lanyard with the purchase of one of there 3 pass options!

• Like 4

They had hard plastic a few years ago... Heck are 2 years ago Premier passes, I went to see how easy they tear and they teared like regular paper... I tired to do the same to are Disney World 4-day ticket, couldn't tear it... Heck now Disney World's (at least 4-park 4 day tickets are) are now hard plastic! Another crazy thing is Universal wants half down front for there Flexpay and my brother said a Disney World pass is only like $100 down...

• Like 2

^ Existing biometric systems used at parks (with systems from Disney, Universal and Accesso) don't produce a unique fingerprint for each guest; they're used to check identity rather than establish it. I don't foresee this as primary identification in the near future, as even the best biometric systems tend to be error-prone.

• Like 4

I have a story about how inconvenient the Universal passes are.

They are currently holding their annual Mardi Gras event on the weekends. If you own an annual pass you can reserve a spot on one of the parade floats and throw beads at guests and then have preferred access to whatever concert is going on that night. Well, to reserve your spot, you have to enter the ID number on the back of your annual pass. Of course when my girlfriend and I tried to reserve our spot, we found out the number had rubbed off of the crappy paper pass. Of course we could call Universal and get our ID numbers, but on our Magic Kingdom schedule we don't have time during normal call center hours to call them. So we didn't end up going to Mardi.

• Like 5

And whatever money you would have spent there didn't get spent.

Sometimes companies forget you can cut and save your way to lost revenues and lost profits. Even bad customer reception of such savings can lead to future problems.

See SeaWorld this season. Or...Kentucky Kingdom. Staffing anyone? Or staffing anyone?

• Like 3

SeaWorld's passes been (least for the FunCards) paper for several years making me partially used to paper passes already. Personally not a fan for paper passes cause I am always worried about it getting wet or ripped. I prefer plastic....has CF's passes changed at all in the last few years? I kept renewing my Platinum so my actual pass been around since I think 2012 or 2011. Thank goodness my Mirage Annual Pass for the animal exhibits is fairly sturdy plastic, lol.

• Like 2

I prefer plastic....has CF's passes changed at all in the last few years? I kept renewing my Platinum so my actual pass been around since I think 2012 or 2011.

They're still plastic. No changes other than new designs on the front.

That $432 is for both passes right?

Depends on the pass type. $434 is the price of a single Premier Pass, which is the highest level pass. It could also just barely cover the cost of two Power Passes, which is the lowest level pass with blackout dates.

• Like 2

That $432 is for both passes right?

one Premier pass is that price. Includes lots of benefits, if they are worth it, it is up to you... Also would you put them to use is another thing to think about. There cheapest pass is roughly the same price as a Platinum CF pass...

You can also use Flexpay to pay installments on your Universal pass but must put half down first.

• Like 2