KI preview night, 4/17 (only for passholders who renewed by 11/6)

malem

For those wondering about the preview night, the passholder portal on visitkingsisland.com has been updated with details. For information on all season passholder promotions as they become available, make sure to register on the site with your season pass number: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/passholder/passholder-exclusives.cfm

To attend, note that you must have renewed a 2014 pass for the 2015 season by Thursday, November 6. Access to this event was one of the benefits offered for renewing early.

Season Passholders that renewed in the fall by the November 6 deadline are eligible to use their pass to attend an exclusive Preview Night Friday, April 17. The park will be open from 5-10 p.m. for this event. Enjoy your first rides of the season on your favorite attractions like the Banshee, Beast and Diamondback roller coasters. Be among the first to experience our two new family rides in the 14-time, award-winning Planet Snoopy kids' area, Woodstock Gliders and Snoopy's Space Buggies.

Who plans to be there? Since the event is only 5 hours long, do any of the other Columbus-area members want to share a ride that evening?

• Like 5

I'll be there, since I'll be celebrating my anniversary on Saturday. I might get up there Sunday.

Better check the park calendar...

I was also tentatively planning to visit that day, as the private event was listed for the following Sunday when the 2015 calendar was originally posted.

The operating schedule is subject to change, of course, so it's always a good idea to check!

• Like 1

Off-topic, but I hate it when a login screen asks for your "username" when it really wants your email address.

Agreed. If you want an email, ask for it. Then there are the websites that request a username but "suggest" you use your email.. Just stick with the email. Make it simpler for everyone, please!

• Like 1

Could anyone on here definitively state if you have to have renewed your pass at Kings Island to be invited? Pretty sure I know the answer (and have a message out to KI to double check), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited to avoid asking if anyone knows, since someone knows... D'oh.

• Like 2

While I understand this event was a great perk to get people to renew their passes early and has been advertised as such from the beginning, I unfortunately see the potential for a lot of confusion by making the event for such a particular subgroup.

Unfortunately, I did not renew my pass until later in the off-season and had actually for a while been under the impression that the preview night was for all passholders, however after a quick search for the forums I found the original post from Don and the part that mentioned it was only for early renewers.

I'm not making this post to complain because I cannot attend, but out of concern for the confusion that could be caused. Too often we've seen angry reviews on the park's Facebook page complaining about how a family drove hours to the park only to find that it was not open that day. Even though you'd think if a family were driving several hours to an amusement park they might think to do some research into park hours, etc. they still go on to social media and blame the park.

And in an era where news organizations increasingly use social media posts as "sources" instead of doing real research, I'd just hate to see what should be a positive event turn into some PR nightmare where the park is forced to respond to some news story about how season passholders were turned away from the passholder preview night because they had not renewed by a certain deadline.

All that and I've also wondered about the same question that TheBeastUnchained posed...

I hope the event goes off without a hitch, since we've all been hoping for a preview day to return for a few years now. But in a time when news organizations will apparently run with a story about how riders were stuck on the lifthill of roller coaster for 30 minutes because some kid posted on Twitter about it, I hope that this doesn't turn into some annoyance for the park.

• Like 7

Is a pass renewed with that EasyPay thing (the payment-per-month plan) eligible? My mom and I are renewing our passes that way and we started before November 6...

I did the Easy Pay with my pass also and I got the other fall renewal perks (e.g. the free Fast Lane Plus), so I don't see why they would be treated any differently here. :)

• Like 1

Could anyone on here definitively state if you have to have renewed your pass at Kings Island to be invited? Pretty sure I know the answer (and have a message out to KI to double check), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited to avoid asking if anyone knows, since someone knows... D'oh.

To answer my question, no. For reasons that escape me (other than not getting "credit" for the pass purchase), Kings Island is very specifically limiting their passholder preview night to 1) passes purchased/renewed by the last day of the 2014 season, and 2) only purchased at Kings Island. Not that I expected any different, of course.. Meanwhile, Cedar Point and Carowinds have no such stipulations, welcoming all current Cedar Fair Platinum Passholders. *sigh*

• Like 2

So I have an interesting question. I renewed our gold passes before the deadline back in November. I just recently upgraded to Platinum for Carowinds, so I can attend their preview night and ride their new roller coaster Fury 325. Will I not be able to attend Kings Island's preview night now even though I originally renewed our gold passes at Kings Island before the deadline? Since Kings Island season pass office doesn't open until April 4 I had no choice but to upgrade to a Carowinds platinum in order to attend Carowinds preview night.

• Like 1

^^ You purchased this "perk" last fall, so ultimately you should be able to use it.

If Kings Island says that you are eligible, I'd recommend bringing copies of both your fall renewal receipt and your platinum upgrade receipt in case there are questions at the gate.

EDIT: It has been confirmed that qualifying passholders who upgraded to platinum at another park will be able to attend, but they will need to stop at Guest Services to validate their fall purchase.

• Like 4