KI preview night, 4/17 (only for passholders who renewed by 11/6)

malem

To be eligible to attend preview night, you must have purchased or renewed a pass by the December 2, 2014, deadline.

That's the date I was initially supplied with, whether or not it contrasts the date listed here is a different story..

The original fall deadline was Sunday, November 2, 2014 - the last day of the 2014 season. This was extended until the following Thursday (November 6) for the benefit of people who put off their purchase/renewal until the last minute. Recent content from Kings Island on the website and on social media platforms have referenced the extended November 6 deadline.

According to everything that has been released, only renewed passes (that were renewed by the deadline) qualify. The perk for new pass purchases in the fall was one free 2014 visit.

• Like 3

And it's hard to miss sarcasm that isn't indicated, so, no. Nice try.

Thanks, I try my best.

That's the date I was initially supplied with, whether or not it contrasts the date listed here is a different story..

I'm curious......in what form of communication did you receive this information?

• Like 1

Could anyone on here definitively state if you have to have renewed your pass at Kings Island to be invited? Pretty sure I know the answer (and have a message out to KI to double check), but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Edited to avoid asking if anyone knows, since someone knows... D'oh.

To answer my question, no. For reasons that escape me (other than not getting "credit" for the pass purchase), Kings Island is very specifically limiting their passholder preview night to 1) passes purchased/renewed by the last day of the 2014 season, and 2) only purchased at Kings Island. Not that I expected any different, of course.. Meanwhile, Cedar Point and Carowinds have no such stipulations, welcoming all current Cedar Fair Platinum Passholders. *sigh*

Follow up... Apparently the answer is actually yes. I see a trip to Guest Services on the way in for anyone attempting this since your pass likely won't scan.

jsus,

My manager was given that question by someone else, and he’s confirmed that the Platinum passes won’t scan in at the gate, HOWEVER we will let you in if your pass was renewed prior to November 2nd, even if it’s a Platinum from any other Cedar Fair park! J I’ll get back with you regarding the times…..

Grace Fershee

Guest Services Information Center Supervisor

(513) 754-5700 / FAX (513) 754-5710

Kings Island

6300 Kings Island Drive

Kings Island, OH 45034

Hmm...

• Like 3

Anyone else a little skittish about attending this (especially if you have to drive a considerable distance), even if you feel that you've met all the criteria?

It's pretty simple. If you renewed your pass prior to the fall deadline, you'll get in. Otherwise, you won't.

If you did that, but your pass doesn't scan (eg. if you upgraded to platinum at another park), you just need to stop by Guest Services for them to verify your on-time renewal.

• Like 1

Anyone else a little skittish about attending this (especially if you have to drive a considerable distance), even if you feel that you've met all the criteria?

It's pretty simple. If you renewed your pass prior to the fall deadline, you'll get in. Otherwise, you won't.

If you did that, but your pass doesn't scan (eg. if you upgraded to platinum at another park), you just need to stop by Guest Services for them to verify your on-time renewal.

So.... The park HAS the date in their system when the pass was renewed?.....

....Because I'm not sure I still have my confirmation paper....

I hadn't tried it yet, I was just thanking him for showing me....

But now that I have.....

^ The same things happened to me just now! Strange......

No purchases found?......

......A purchase was made though......

TheBEASTunchained......Wondering if this is what the computer systems at the front gates will do to him when he arrives on pass preview night.....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...