KI preview night, 4/17 (only for passholders who renewed by 11/6)

malem

I hope that everyone that goes tonight has fun. I've been wanting to do this since last fall, but getting up at 5:30AM + working all day + 3 hour round trip drive + walking all around Kings Island and trying to have a good time was just too much to pull off today.

• Like 2

I'm here as well wondering about. I'm wearing a shirt that says it wasn't me. If you see me and want to say hi come up and talk to me :) I would try to find some of you but I don't know anyone's face sadly

At least a couple of us are wearing KICentral shirts. Say hi if you see one!
  • Like 2

I had Rivertown Potato Works, and it was really tasty, but they said I'll need to check with Guest Services about my meal plan because it didn't work. I think he locked it out by ringing and scanning it wrong twice before doing it right, but I guess I will visit GS anyway. They gave me my food and that's all I really cared.

• Like 5

Shake, Rattle, and Roll is down with what I think they said is an electrical problem. Second ride to break down with me on it today. Second ride I've ridden today. I think I'm bad luck.

For future reference, there are car numbers on the backs of the cars. The ring with car numbers 1 through 7 is the ring that starts spinning first.

• Like 7

I was on the second to last train before they closed it. They stopped us at the crest of the second lift hill for a fe minutes. Girls were behind me freaking out because they could "smell smoke". Just chuckled to myself.

Its pretty serine out in the middle of the woods.

• Like 7

I rode SR&R alone and they shut it down when I got off. I think /I/ may have broken it, because that was around 5:30.

Haha, I saw you then, we were just getting up to the line to get on when the people before us were getting off, guess that was you! :)

Could be :) but if more than one person got off, it wasn't me, because I was the only one on my cycle.

Why is it only after I get home, and should be sleeping so I can be fresh for tomorrow, but instead am going through Facebook, that I find out there were $1 pretzels and blue ice cream tonight?! I would so have gotten some blue ice cream if I knew!

• Like 2

I went today and had a great time! Diamondback went down once just as I was coming up to the entrance to the que line. Was fixed fairly quickly. The maintenance man who rode alone looked like he had a blast! The second time I rode, it went down for about 30 minutes while I was in line. Was down about 30 minutes this time, but he fixed it and had a great time on the train again. The Beast went down while I was in line, but I waited it out. Then, they had to pause operations for fireworks, so another wait. The waits were no big deal. I was able to talk to several enthusiasts. Lastly, on the way out, the Blue Ice Cream stand was closed, but an employee told myself and two other guys he would get cones if he had the exact cash needed. ($3.00). I only had a $10.00 bill and one of the other guys bought me an ice cream cone! I hope I run into him again, I'd like to return the favor!

• Like 4

They had $1 sodas tonight too, which I also didn't know about until I went to buy a Sprite before leaving the park.

On a related note, I seriously hope they don't keep asking us if we want a souvenir cup every time we buy a drink or even ask for a water (yes, they were doing that tonight). I may or may not buy one. I like getting them filled with ice water, but I absolutely hate having to carry it around the park with me all day.

• Like 5

That reminds me that I need to look through the shops to see if they have any KI branded collapsible water bottles. I want one to use with the new water bottle fillers, and would prefer a KI one if I can get one.

I would buy the souvenir bottle, but it would be such a pain to go out to the truck to get it and take it back every time I want a drink. I certainly wouldn't want to carry it around.

• Like 4

They had $1 sodas tonight too, which I also didn't know about until I went to buy a Sprite before leaving the park.

On a related note, I seriously hope they don't keep asking us if we want a souvenir cup every time we buy a drink or even ask for a water (yes, they were doing that tonight). I may or may not buy one. I like getting them filled with ice water, but I absolutely hate having to carry it around the park with me all day.

Where did they have $1.00 sodas? I had to pay $4.00 for my Coke at the diner outlet by SRR.

• Like 1

I'm glad I was able to go tonight. After the week I had, the timing couldn't have been better for some stress-relieving roller coaster riding.

Just a few things I noticed. Most people seemed really friendly - even when focused on learning how to use the register or check riders. On my end, giving them a smile, please, and thank you seemed to be appreciated.

Flight of Fear was the longest wait of the night for me. One of the trains had the very middle car blocked off as well as the back car.

Stood in line for Woodstock Gliders and they seem to move faster than CP's version in that most ride cycles (from getting people in, ride, and getting people out took) was about 5-6 minutes. They seem to slow down faster than CP's version, which is a relief. But, maybe I'm remembering it differently from when I was standing in the hot June/August days vs a cool April evening? There isn't any sort of shade to the queue area and I'm not looking forward to that wait with the kids this summer.

With the direction I started in, I didn't see much of International Street until after the sun went down. It looked as though every storefront looked fresh; even the second story windows had attention.

Had to make a stop into First Aid because someone didn't break in her new park sandals.

I somehow managed to get a ride on Diamondback as the fireworks were starting. That was fun!

I was able to end my visit with a very happy surprise. I ran into a college friend and her children as I was leaving. They were heading to get ice cream so we only had time for a quick hello, little kid hugs and high fives, and the funny realization from one of them that I have the same first name as their mom. If the coasters hadn't done it, that sure took care of any remaining cranky pants.

Thanks KI for having this preview night! It was such a nice treat! :)

• Like 7

Ditto. It was really annoying last year at Cedar Point when they would try to push the souvenir cup on me when all I wanted was a water. No, I asked for a complimentary K-cup (K short for Kinzel, having nothing to do with the Keurig K-CUP® brand). I do not want to buy a cup of soda.

• Like 4