KI preview night, 4/17 (only for passholders who renewed by 11/6)

malem

Just a few things I noticed. Most people seemed really friendly - even when focused on learning how to use the register or check riders. On my end, giving them a smile, please, and thank you seemed to be appreciated.

Yes, I noticed this also. Early in the evening, I wanted a quick snack, but not something that would spoil a full meal later in the night, so I bought a single buckeye from Sweet Spot. The lady who sold it to me had to call over her supervisor to walk her through ringing it up, and then had to call him over again when the scanner couldn't scan my card for the 10% discount. The supervisor got it to scan, but it didn't scan correctly, so he ended up typing in the pass number manually. The whole sale transaction ended up taking about three or four minutes. But she was very friendly about it and apologized several times, and I told her not to worry about it because there's always going to be slowdowns and problems on the first day. I think I may have been her first customer.

• Like 5

Turns out you didn't need to renew by that November date as I have had a few people tell me that they bought their passes recently and got in. I guess the park didn't set up a way to stop people who bought their pass after the cut off date. It doesn't sound like it matters though as the park was empty aside from Planet Snoopy.

• Like 1

I had a funny feeling they didn't spend the money to program custom access lists into the admissions software. So, basically, all that hassle that they gave me over email about how my pass wouldn't scan (CP pass renewed before the deadline) was for naught.

• Like 2

The event was advertised to and intended for those who had renewed on time. They kept track of who was eligible, as reminder e-mails were sent out several times.

Since one of the purposes of the event was to have a(nother) dry run before Opening Day, I'm not surprised that they forewent actually enforcing special restrictions at the admission kiosks. (Had they anticipated many ineligible passholders showing up, perhaps they would have made a different decision.)

• Like 1

Or they could have done like all the other parks I know of and actively invited all passholders, including Platinums from other parks.. What's so hard about that?

Last fall, Kings Island promised an exclusive 2015 preview night to passholders who renewed on time. Thus, the event was offered in the way it was.

• Like 1

Or they could have done like all the other parks I know of and actively invited all passholders, including Platinums from other parks.. What's so hard about that?

Because they were trying to drive last minute season pass sales before the operating season ended last year.

• Like 1

During the Paramount years the pass preview nights were open to all pass holders and CP is having preview night on 5/8/15 for all pass holders regardless of renewal date. ( Can't wait-sounds like that will be a fun night. ) I agree that it would have been nice to have officially invited all pass holders. I am not complaining as was made fully aware of having to renew by end of last season-just saying would have been nice.

• Like 2