Coaster Campout 2015

Details are up: https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Coaster-Campout-Reservations?mobile=0

Campsites this year are $200 each, with all proceeds going to A Kid Again. There are 65 campsites in the grass and 115 on the concrete, and campsites this year are first-come, first-served (unlike last year's lottery).

Tickets will go on sale this coming Tuesday, March 24 at 9 AM. To access the ticket purchase page, you will have to enter the promo code CAMPCP in the upper right corner of their home page after 9 AM on Tuesday.

Who here is going to do this? I was hoping to do it this year, but $200 is out of my price range given my budget for the year. :(

• Like 4

I was hoping to do it this year, but $200 is out of my price range given my budget for the year. :(

Each campsite holds up to 4 people. $50/person is very reasonable for all you get, and all the money is going to a very good cause.

This event was a lot of fun last year.

• Like 4

I understand the proceeds are going to a good cause, but my mom and I had planned on going and now won't be able to. If you're going with a group of 4 then it wouldn't be bad due to being able able to split the cost, but for us since we'd have to pay the full cost, it won't be possible this year. But I can't wait to hear all about it and see pics from everyone who does go and supports this great organization!

• Like 3

I was hoping to do it this year, but $200 is out of my price range given my budget for the year. :(

Each campsite holds up to 4 people. $50/person is very reasonable for all you get, and all the money is going to a very good cause.

This event was a lot of fun last year.

My Carowinds/BGW/KD trip has four people splitting the cost of hotel rooms that are 50 a night.

My goal is usually to spend as little time as possible in the hotel, so as long as there aren't bedbugs and I'm not in too shady of a neighborhood, I've got no qualms with going cheap for my lodging.

• Like 1

^ The notion that you get what you pay for often doesn't apply in the hotel industry. In the midwest, I have had great experiences at ~$60 and terrible ones at ~$140. I like to look at online reviews, particularly the bad ones, paying close attention to the reported cleanliness & condition of the rooms. It's a good sign when a property reliably takes care of the small things.

Regarding Coaster Campout, it's much more than in-park lodging. Part of Cedar Point is roped off and literally becomes your private campground. Rides open up just for the campers, resulting in some ultra-exclusive ERT. Stay up late chatting with friends & park officials, enjoy complimentary s'mores, or (try to) sleep. Get out of bed for breakfast & a shower, then step onto Millennium Force to finish waking up. Finally, pack up your tent before the park opens, and enjoy another day at the park with whatever energy you have left.

It's a really cool event. But as Tony said in the PointBuzz thread, it's not for everyone.

• Like 4

Waking up on Millennium Force?

I'll be the Maverick...

Hey I did that once....Gatekeeper media day...they opened Millennium Force for us midway through the day. We ended up getting stopped on the lift hill for about 20 minutes. I laid my head back and out I went. Illegally my picture was taken on the lift, (found it on someone I don't even know's Facebook profile), saved it and then asked the person to take it down. Woke up about 2 minutes before the ride started back up. Lol.

• Like 4

It is indeed no longer an option to attend Coaster Campout without camping out. :(

Call me silly but that makes sense to me. Why go if you don't want to/aren't able to...... CAMP OUT?

For us it was mainly because I wanted to take my three year old daughter who would not have done well with the camping (especially in hindsight after the whole monsters in the middle of the night wake up) I wanted to go to participate in the ERT and other benefits of the event and really did not mind not getting to camp. Also Cedar Point was kind enough to let me have an extra guest as the original rules said you could only bring one if you were staying at the hotel. I also got the promo rate at Hotel Breakers for both nights. It was a great deal and we had an awesome time. There was plenty more to the event other than just camping...

• Like 2

It is indeed no longer an option to attend Coaster Campout without camping out. :(

Call me silly but that makes sense to me. Why go if you don't want to/aren't able to...... CAMP OUT?

For us it was mainly because I wanted to take my three year old daughter who would not have done well with the camping (especially in hindsight after the whole monsters in the middle of the night wake up) I wanted to go to participate in the ERT and other benefits of the event and really did not mind not getting to camp. Also Cedar Point was kind enough to let me have an extra guest as the original rules said you could only bring one if you were staying at the hotel. I also got the promo rate at Hotel Breakers for both nights. It was a great deal and we had an awesome time. There was plenty more to the event other than just camping...

Then they should not have called it a Camp out. Maybe I'm just too old and jaded but a Camp Out is just that.

• Like 1