Captains Log April 3rd 2004

DegenRider

Wow The offseason lasted for ever. Today was the 1st day back at PKI for me.

It was a nice morning. I figured I would sleep till 15 mins before I needed to leave and then get up well the best laid plans. My buddies in crime Chuck and Rob Showed up 15 freaking mins early!

I grab my stuff mumble to my mom and leave. I wake up on the way there.

We get there about 11:45 and wait..........................and wait.

Ropes drop and were in.

1st ride of the day and the year at PKI was Top Gun. Little sluggish but other than that alright.

Next up I went up to SOB to get the shakedown from Boobkinos himself Drew the sup. Said quick Hi and asked whats wrong.

Well AZ was kinda busy so next we went to Adventure Express.

If I had not seen the ride in the winter Pictured here I would of sworn someone threw a tarp on the train and beat it severly with a baseball bat. My lapbar was just sticking a bit actually but it was a pain. tongue.gif

AE was AE same ol Same ol. Next up we decided on Racer.

*flashback*

Last time I road racer forwards was in 2002. IT beat me severly.

/Flashback

Today I took my chance again. With the new seatbelts.

I got on and saw that PKI as usual took a reccomendation and made it useable. Most PTC's Stink for big guys. Well They made the belt FRICKIN HUGE and retractable! Plus the female end was up so you can ACTUALLY BUCKLE YOURSELF!

Belts didnt slow down dispatch at all. I must say forwards flew today. It was running well.

Well after that lets troll off for a sec and visit some jeffisms here.

The scrambler is getting painted

True

Monster getting refurbished

I couldn't tell any changes what so ever.

Zehpher gets repainted

Half true.

While the art looks great the rest of the ride still looks like crap and now moreso that the top peices are fresh.

TRTR New program

False as far as I know

AE enhanced

False

Well thats it for the jeffisms for now.

Next up on my TR or Loonyness is WHATS MISSING FROM PKI!

A ride has been removed! Ero Bungie is no longer at the park. Its place empty and no signage.

The music video booth that I never saw work is gone. Now its just a pad.

The water game across from Cyber Sez(thank you!)

The water wheel on Wild Thornberries River Adventure.

The popcorn stand in rivertown.(nasty stuff anyways)

Ok with that over now back to this TR.

We needed some Flyers after Racer. We go down and Our baby is there with a fresh coat of flyer paint and everything. Tub #6 and its like I never left the park. Snapping was great.

After that we Decide to goto Beast.

It was broke.

We went on the train. I got to see into Boomerang Bay pretty well and it looks great.

After that we lost it. We road a water ride. Wild thronberries. I got a bit wet but the elephant of doom was off.

After that we go for our longest wait of the day. Scooby Doo's Haunted Castle. Full line and out to the exit, maybe 40mins. I scored Uber high cause of a wheel chair. Rob scored low and Chuck beat me.

After that we wanted to see beast again. Closed sad.gif

Pitstop and then we see our lord and savior Jeff. I wave high and walk by as hes workin. We do one more flyers cycle.

Im thristy and we goto Tuckers for water. Power goes down for a sec and comes right back up. We think nothing of it and we go and play in the arcade for abit.

Then we notice No coasters are running

Lets add this up Power failure=e-stop=possible evac=Pretty Funked up computers on all the rides that have them.

I double check the area. Sling Shot is messed up and Delirum is testing. I go by and meet tiny. funking hes huge. Then we leave cause were hungry and everyone is on the midways.

Not bad by any means but I didnt ride too much. I have a season pass though. Thanks to Joe for my Hookup!

I saw you, Chuck, and Rob as you were leaving the flyers around 1ish(?) Figured you were in for another ride, but you guys moved on.

I, too, was glad to be back at the park. We got there between 12 and 1....along with the rest of the world.

My group only logged a few rides:

1 Delirium

1 forward Racer

4 Eagles

1 Train

Everything was great despite the crowds, save for two things:

1) It took us 1/2 hour to get a check cashed, due to telecheck machine going down

2) WTF was up with the LINE JUMPERS? God, I hate radio station days. smile.gif

On my way back now....

Dont forget the power outage @ PKI, all the rides, Stuck, I myself was cought on Face/Off. The whole park was shut down for quite awhile, then the first traces of the park coming back on. But i had a Great day. Meetin up to half of my family and seein Jeff, talkin to him. i left @ 6:30.

Next up on my TR or Loonyness is WHATS MISSING FROM PKI!

A ride has been removed! Ero Bungie is no longer at the park. Its place empty and no signage.

HMMMM.....

...The music video booth that I never saw work is gone. Now its just a pad.
Its now to be used for Action Zone carts.

...The water game across from Cyber Sez(thank you!)
I hear it will have a new home some where a little wetter where it will fit in.

...The popcorn stand in rivertown.(nasty stuff anyways)
Don't worry, they'll be back.

Did anyone else see Jeff Siebert? The poor guy couldn't talk!
Saw him in the morning taking out some of the Radio Station vans. Thought it was odd when he only waved and didn't give his normal loud "Hello"

Coasterdime:

I worked until 4 and we didnt have a single incident with line jumpers at SOB until about 5 ish....you have to ask steveo about that one..haha

Steve

We had no trouble until late afternoon. The funny thing is, these people don't even TRY to be cool about it anymore. They just push their way to where they want to be.

OK Steve O...what happened on SoB??!

Oh yeah, something not at all related to what we're talking about, but.... why the heck couldn't I get a FULL cup of Coke? At a few different places yesterday, my pop was fizzled down by 1/3 by the time I went to pay for it!

i'd guess that what happens is the brakes like for MCBR's and ending brakes stay closed all the time except when they open to let the train keep going.

Yeah I'm almost positive that's correct. They are closed and open up when nessesary. With TTD they use magnets for the brakes, I don't know if they have anything similar to that at PKI.

Ah yes I forgot about that. Doesn't Drop Zone have all kinds of different braking mechanisms? Is that one thing that goes up with it another one?

Also, I kindof have wondered this since I saw Drop Zone broken down, when they finally fix Drop Zone and drop it do they give the people any sort of warning? I would think that would be a little scary being that high up and suddenly dropping. I would definently need to change my shorts after that one!

Ah yes I forgot about that. Doesn't Drop Zone have all kinds of different braking mechanisms? Is that one thing that goes up with it another one?

Also, I kindof have wondered this since I saw Drop Zone broken down, when they finally fix Drop Zone and drop it do they give the people any sort of warning? I would think that would be a little scary being that high up and suddenly dropping. I would definently need to change my shorts after that one!

Drop Zone has only one type of braking, the magnetic braking. There are essentially three main parts to Drop Zone. The tower itself, the catch car, and the ring of seats. The thing that grabs on to the ring of seats is the catch car...As for it braking down, nine times out of ten, they will slowly lower the catch car back down with the ring of seats still attatched. If for some reason it doesn't want to lower slowly, they will indeed drop them. They are given several warnings however before they drop them.