Where, besides Kings Island, can you get Blue Ice Cream

BoddaH1994

Please settle this debate between me and a friend. Whipty-Do in Mainville has a near-clone. My friend swears that in the Cincinnati area those are the only two places. I don't think that's right. Have you ever seen blue ice cream sold or served anywhere besides those two locations?

• Like 2

I believe Putz's near Mt. Airy Forest sells Blue Ice Cream and its delicious (not as delicious as Kings Island's though). It is off of the I-74 Montana Avenue Exit and you just go straight and it is to the left near the intersection.

• Like 1

well, if you're strictly looking for "blue" ice cream, it can be found in many Kroger stores as a "blue cotton candy" flavor variety, Graters often carries a blue cotton candy, Maggie Moos and I'm sure many other places.

now if you're looking for the soft serve kind similar to KI's Blue "Ice Cream" you're more limited, but you can definitely real ice cream that is colored blue in many locations.

• Like 1

Blue Moon is raspberry? For shame, when I was a kid, it was blue tinted vanilla (possibly coconut?) ice cream with bits of pineapple in it. I would get it because it was blue, then usually wouldn't eat it because I didn't like "stuff" in my ice cream. And manage to forget in between each visit.

Of course, my husband, who is a few years older than me never heard of Blue Moon ice cream as a kid at all.

To make this entirely off topic, when I was a kid, Superman ice cream was all vanilla dyed in red, blue, and yellow, swirled together. And any kid then could tell you it tasted better than plain vanilla :) I feel the Superman ice cream today, with different flavors for each color, is an atrocity! ;)

And get off my lawn!

• Like 2

I'm glad to see Whipty-Do brought up on these boards as it's my cousin and his wife who own the place! It's cool to see their dream and hard work really paying off.

I'm five minutes away from Whipty-Do yet have never been to it. That's pretty crazy. I'll make it my mission to go this summer to compare their blue ice cream to KI's.

Definitely go check it out! He said "it's a BIG deal on the very rare days we don't have it." :lol:

• Like 3

I'm glad to see Whipty-Do brought up on these boards as it's my cousin and his wife who own the place! It's cool to see their dream and hard work really paying off.

I'm five minutes away from Whipty-Do yet have never been to it. That's pretty crazy. I'll make it my mission to go this summer to compare their blue ice cream to KI's.

Definitely go check it out! He said "it's a BIG deal on the very rare days we don't have it." :lol:

In my opinion Whipty-Do's blue ice cream is superior to Kings Island's.
  • Like 3