Fury 325 Media Day

Rustbucket

Fury 325 Media day was as good as any media day I have been on. It was very well done. As I parked the car and walked toward the newly renovated entrance (which looks like Cedar Point entrance), I ran into Dan Helbig and said hello.

After the ceremony, we finally got to ride Fury 325. My seat for auction was train 2 7-1. The lift hill was considerably faster than Diamondback and faster than Leviathan. The drop........... Oh that drop........... I will be dreaming about that tonight.

First part of the ride was quite twisty with strongest lateral force I experienced on any B&M coaster including inverts. Some of the turns felt quite intense. Unlike Intimidator 305, the laterals were quite comfortable. The favorite part of the first 1/2 was a dive hill with good air time going under a bridge. After another 90 degree turn, there was a dreaded trim. The air time on the following hill was quite nice. After a turn, there was a slow head chopper followed by the strongest air hill that rivals any B&M coasters I have been on. After another small turn, there was another air time hill that was not as good as previous one. The break run ended the ride.

I am not ready to say this beats Bizarro, yet. I will say this is better than Leviathan. I ended up riding 21 time. The best seat by far was 8-4. Don Helbig agreed with me. I skipped lunch provided by the park and rode the coaster. The event ended around 3 pm. Overall, this was quite a turn out for one of the best coaster I have ever been on.

• Like 15

Thanks for posting this. We have a similar top 10 steel list (7 of my top 10 are in your top 10) so I was actually waiting to hear your review on this ride. The only two misgivings with Leviathan are the good-but-not-great second half and the "shorter" ride; both of which seem to have been addressed by this ride. I'm very much looking forward to giving this a go soon.

It's interesting that you enjoyed the back row on this coaster more, as it seems as though most of the other reviewers favor the front. Is there really that much of a noticeable difference between the front and back?

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this. We have a similar top 10 steel list (7 of my top 10 are in your top 10) so I was actually waiting to hear your review on this ride. The only two misgivings with Leviathan are the good-but-not-great second half and the "shorter" ride; both of which seem to have been addressed by this ride. I'm very much looking forward to giving this a go soon.

It's interesting that you enjoyed the back row on this coaster more, as it seems as though most of the other reviewers favor the front. Is there really that much of a noticeable difference between the front and back?

The differences were ENORMOUS. Frankly, I will rate 8-4 > 7-4 > 8-3 > 6-4 > 7-3... I think you get the picture. Yes, the left side is so much better. The back has so much more lateral and negative G than front. For me, there was no question. The 8-4 is the best.

• Like 5

Thanks for the report! Yesterday, it seemed like most reviews I read were from entitled enthusiasts who only complained about the ride, so it's nice to actually have a real, thoughtful review. This coaster sounds absolutely amazing and I can't wait to (hopefully) ride it this summer!

Just a quick question, I've also heard that the front is butter smooth but the back has a little rattle. Can you attest to whether or not this is true, and if so, how noticeable it is?

• Like 4

I did not notice any rattling in the back. It was very smooth in the front. Actually, it thought it was TOO SMOOTH! The front half turns were quite forceful though. This may have been mistaken for rattling. Only thing that concerned me was that the force of the ride may have been causing the wheel on the right side of the wheels to get softer. During the final turn into the station after the break run, there were some squeaky sounds after about 2 hours. I am not certain about this but there may be some issue with wheels once the weather gets hot.