Knott's Berry Farm Returns to Roots

That is awesome. Knott's has always been a park high up on my to-visit list, and seeing how much pride they take in their history and what they are known for is just another reason why it seems like such a great park. It may not have the extreme thrills other Cedar Fair parks has, but the theming and attention to detail make it seem like a memorable, fun place.

• Like 2

Since Smucker’s supplies the Knott’s line of jams and preserves to the park, Webster called the company to question the lack of variety. He was told, “Why don’t you just use Smucker’s?”

“We are not Smucker’s Berry Farm,” an irked Webster thought.

I love that. Smucker's legit suggested that Knott's Berry Farm sell Smucker's-branded products rather than Knott's Berry Farm products? At their berry farm? lol, fail, Smucker's.

• Like 5

That is awesome. Knott's has always been a park high up on my to-visit list, and seeing how much pride they take in their history and what they are known for is just another reason why it seems like such a great park. It may not have the extreme thrills other Cedar Fair parks has, but the theming and attention to detail make it seem like a memorable, fun place.

Which makes it more ideal family park than either CP or KI IMO.

• Like 4

I'm glad to see Knott's going back to its roots, it's very cool to see. I took a trip there last fall on a day when there was probably 5 other people in the park. Heritage obviously plays a very big part in the heart of Knott's. It doesn't take the cake as my favorite amusement park, but it was still a fantastic park that any Cedar Fair enthusiast needs to visit at least once. Very cool.

• Like 2

In 1979, I made my first trip west. KBF didn't even register on my radar. Our family friends insisted on going to the park and it was one of the most memorable experiences I had during that trip. The theming of the park was what I was secretly hoping would happen at KI. It was like a separate "land" of Disney. The rides were fantastic and themed. The theme of the day was "authentic". Authentic ore cars, covered wagons and stage coaches....wonderful, wonderful food and fun. Most recently, my last visit was in 2005. The park had certainly lost its charm. Several acres of concrete and as many rides as possible crammed into every nook was quite disorienting and somewhat chaotic. I have to say the cramped nature was claustrophobic to me. I was disappointed in the way it looked and how it made me feel. I nicknamed the park Cedar Point West. I am pleased that they are moving back somewhat in a nostalgic direction. And with some of Matt O's improvements, I see some good things happening.

• Like 2