Kings Island Original Logo?

KI Guy

My question is was the lesser known promotional logo featured on a billboard advertising the upcoming Kings Island ever used. Maybe the first year or so? Anyone know? The logo is a much different script than the commonly seen medieval kind of script. It features a crown above the 'K'. I would post a picture I found, but I'm having trouble doing that. If someone else could I'd appreciate it!

• Like 3

opening-spring-1972-580x300.jpg

My guess would be that it was used exclusively before the park opened. Its 1972 signage, photos, and park maps all seem to have the Medieval font.

KingsIsland1972_zpsb4619193.jpg

So it was probably just a conceptual logo.

Kings Dominion's original pre-Paramount logo is more similar...

Original_Kings_Dominion_Logo.png

... and was brought back last year for their 40th.

KD40thLogo.jpg

• Like 13

That original logo was used on the first Kings Island brochure (and various promotional items) that was handed out at Coney Island during its final season. Once the new Kings Island park opened the brochure was identical (Coney images used) but the logo was changed. I used to own both brochures but I'm not sure I still have them. I work in the commercial logo/branding design industry so this subject is of great interest.

• Like 4