need opinion: meal plan

Outdoor Man

I saw that happen in the early days of the dining plans, but I think it's died down as the plan matured and the kinks got worked out. I even remember one park in the chain putting on their social media that there are X number of operating days and therefore you could potentially get 2X meals from the dining plans. So the parks are almost encouraging such "abuse".

I think now that the dining plans have had the kinks worked out and seem to not be changing much year after year, people seem to have gotten less persnickety about them.

• Like 2

I would think KI would LOVE for you to enter the park with the plan of just using your meal plan to get dinner. It costs them, what, a few bucks a meal? The whole goal is to get you in the park to get you to buy something else, and that is a really cheap conversion.

• Like 1

I literally went to the park after work today just to eat dinner because I want to try all of the Smokehouse options while they are still honoring dining plans for the entire menu.

Was there today... Only shrimp and chicken is on the meal plan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

when ae ho to the Cedar Fairs parks we always purchase a food wristband for $31.  its a meal every hour and a half.  there are five of us (3 adults, 8 year old, and a 4 year old).  we buy two bands ands that feeds us very well all day.  mainly we use it to feed the kids and my mom because my husband and i dont eat much in the heat plus i get motion sick easily so rides on a full stomach just isnt a good idea for me.  but as an example we get two chicken tenders and fries meals and we all much on it.  then 90 minutes later if soneone is hungry they can choose somewhere to eat.  i even saw on Cedar Points site they now offer a food band for 2 days fir $52.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2015 at 9:09 PM, Outdoor Man said:

We are considering buying a meal plan for our family this year. I have read a lot of positives and a significant level of negative.

Seems last years plan was pretty decent, but has been cut quite a bit (we didn't have one last year). We have 2 adult, 2 kids to consider.

What places aren't included and is there pricing breaks for 4 purchases... if a fe2 families banded together and bought, say, 10 is there an additional discount; do they allow that?

And finally, your opinion. I feel almost like 400'ish for 4 seems rather steep and that we'd have to visit an insane amount of times to see any sort of positive gain.

This is crazy. I'm gonna skip the meal plan and go to chick fil a

• Like 1

I really think I got my money's worth with the Meal Plan. I did not find my self eating just to because I could. On most days I found the only one meal was enough. Only times I ate twice is when I was at Cedar Point or Kings Island for the whole day, and that was plenty for the day. Even if I didn't use the Meal Plan twice every visit, I do believe I saved a great amount of money. 

You don't have to visit an "insane" amount of times to get your money's worth.

• Like 1