Coney Mall Arch Removed?

KIFlyer

I was just looking at the webcam and noticed that for the past couple weeks the Coney Mall arch was gone, and today it looks like the bases for the arch have also been removed. Does anyone know if the arch will return or is gone for good just like the the poor Festhaus clock, continueing the trend of removing themed areas in the park?

They are building the new a Coke Plaza in that area.

You mean the Banshee cam? There are (currently) a few construction implements in the area that (I think) leads to Coney Mall.

It looks like maybe there's some new road/sidewalk surface going in to me.

Kings Island should get back to some theme in there lands, that is what makes Knotts a special place, that seemed to be heading the same road as KI, but new CEO is changing that reflection. We don't need a Cedar Point South.

We need some theme, lots of fun, good food.

Hopefully this Arch removal is just in fact part of 2015 continued construction.

• Like 3

It might be concrete day for the Coke-Marketplace right there. So they tore it up to replace it. I'm sure if they were getting rid of it, they would've taken it down at the end of the season. When I went to the park for orientation the sign was still there.

KEEP IN MIND, there was also an Interactive map panel right there as well, and that's no longer there. So yes, It's most likely concrete day as most of the surrounding land is being torn up!

Well there is uhm... a webcam? So It's not like that's not obtainable information. I didn't state anything going on in the park that was beyond the webcam. Only an arch that was clearly there a few days ago, but no longer is now, and it's most likely for concrete for the plaza.

Edit: And looks like I was correct about it being Concrete day. There is a Concrete truck there now.

• Like 7

I agree music fit to the areas in general would go a long way to enhance theming. I think the general looks for everywhere are good for theming but music would jsut push it over.

The only spots that don't look fit to themes is Action Zone (it doesn't seem to know hat it wants to be right now.) and The Crypt entrance. Think this could easily be fixed with giving the building a mine theme for whatever attraction make take up residence here in the future. Never really understod the Asian flair inteh middle of Rivertown, though I did love TR:TR.

BLSC is kind of on it's own so don't think it is hurting an area but could be themed to fit in with either Coneymall or Rivertown better. Thought IJST would have fit great in teh old Action Zone since both were themed to movie lots at the time. But change it to a steeplechase-esque feel for Coney Mall or a Maverik-esque feel for Rivertown.

• Like 6