KI app updated

Brian5475E2

FINALLY. These are welcomed changes. This app sorta reminds me of the Busch Gardens app but not quite up to that caliber. Something I noticed is that in the Apple App Store the developer is no longer listed as "Accesso" but rather Cedar Fair, as is done with most other companies like Disney Parks and SeaWorld Entertainment. I love the quick tidbits of info on the left side of the individual ride pages that tell you thrill rating, height requirement, and ride duration.

Some errors to note: (I'm sure there may be more)

1. PEANUTS Playhouse is still listed on the map as a performance area.
  2. Snoopy's Splash Dance is still listed in the Rider Safety Guide
  3. As people above mentioned, Carowinds is creeping in to our Fast Lane

These errors are understandable as this is a new, updated version of the app; hopefully Accesso can fix them soon!

Again, I applaud Kings Island and Cedar Fair. This new app is a breath of fresh air.

• Like 5

Keep it as simple as possible while still being informative and useful.

I guess we'll see how that works, but unless the previous wi-fi- rumors were true, and if true, that wifi is done well it may not be so useful at the park itself. I say that because a lot of the content appears to be 'streamed' from online and not built in to the app. For example, the images for the rides would not load for me until I got a wifi connection. Now, they appear to be cached and load ok, (I have horribad signal at work)

I've not been to the park on a busy day in years (before we knew what phone apps were), but I imagine it's not unlike being anywhere there's an increase in localized population density (football stadium etc) - mobile service usually suffers due to tower load. Does this also happen at KI? Or is the 'population' spread out over large enough area to not have the issue?

Maybe it'll be ok, maybe it won't. I'm cautiously optimistic, though.

A couple interesting things I noticed on the app:

1. The "postcard" feature looks really neat. What a great idea.

2. The International Restaurant is featured on the map as a dining area. How many "less-informed" guests will attempt to go there to eat?

• Like 2

I've not been to the park on a busy day in years (before we knew what phone apps were), but I imagine it's not unlike being anywhere there's an increase in localized population density (football stadium etc) - mobile service usually suffers due to tower load. Does this also happen at KI? Or is the 'population' spread out over large enough area to not have the issue?

If you go Opening day, or Haunt, you will definitely not have a signal. If ride times are mostly 2 hours for the major rides, good luck on signal at that time too.

• Like 1

A couple interesting things I noticed on the app:

1. The "postcard" feature looks really neat. What a great idea.

2. The International Restaurant is featured on the map as a dining area. How many "less-informed" guests will attempt to go there to eat?

I would imagine that the IR is included on the map as it is used at certain points during the season. For example, as a green room of sorts for teachers during Education Days.

The Android version has now updated. Or more accurately, the old app has been deleted from Google Play and a new one uploaded with a different internal package name. So if you have the old one installed, it will not auto-update. You will have to hunt it down through the search feature and install the new one.

Also, as of this writing, if you type "Kings Is" into the Play Store search bar, it offers you a direct link to a "Kings Island" app as the first suggestion. Don't tap that, as it's the old, deleted version, and you'll just get an error message. Until Google's cache updates itself, you must perform an actual search for "Kings Island" and then select the app from the result list (it was way, way down on the list for me due to the very small number of downloads).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

You shouldn't have to wait long for that: 

@RedsFan078 Wait times will be available on our app soon. Real soon!

Source

I personally felt myself wishing that they had the ability to accept reservations for Reds, and notify of a time to arrive, via the app, website, or whatever. That way you don't have to wait around for a half hour. :)

• Like 2

You shouldn't have to wait long for that: 

@RedsFan078 Wait times will be available on our app soon. Real soon!

Source

I personally felt myself wishing that they had the ability to accept reservations for Reds, and notify of a time to arrive, via the app, website, or whatever. That way you don't have to wait around for a half hour. :)

Similarly to what the MyDisneyExperience app can do.  Dining reservations are quite FUN to make via the app as well.

• Like 2