wORST DAY EVER!

Christian

Hmm, employee safety, so thats the reason those lights haven't gone off. Yeah, that does pretty much ruin the ride for me everytime, funny it's something so small. I hope PKI can come up with a way to do away with that little safety feature. Perhaps blue lights back where the ride ops stand, so they don't trip maybe(is that the reason?). I don't know, there must be a better way.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. You guys really need to lighten up.

If you want to debate this with me then we can talk outside of the forum.

I think he's callin' you out. ohmy.gif . Getting a little worked up are we? I must say, although "the customer is always right," I have to go with the seasoned veterans (AKA employees) on this one. They know their stuff. Plus it's SOB_TOM's park so he makes the rules.

You still dont get it do you?

Maybe if I talk up a little you will understand:

THE RIDE OP IN THE DRIVE BOX CAN SEE MORE WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE ON! HE HAS THE BEST VIEW OF THE ENTIRE GONDOLA! HIS JOB IS TO MAKE SURE NOONE RUNS ONTO THE GONDOLA AND IF SOMEONE DOES TO STOP THE RIDE! SO THE LIGHTS ARE KEPT ON LONGER!

I would swear there are some people on this board that have cinder blocks for skulls.

Yeah guys, if someone did get hit and killed or whatever from that ride then I'm sure you'd start going even crazier all over this board. We're talking about the safety of humans, and I'm pretty sure that's a little more important than "a horrible little light in my eye". Aw man! I want my money back! And my mommy!!! sad.gif

Hold up their Tom, I didn't get a chance to read your first post, I didn't know who needed the light. Also, quick suggestion, how can the ride ops run onto the platform if the ramps are up? They can't(unless they're good jumpers). So maybe we could like not hit the lights or start the show until the platforms are up. Of course that'd require retiming the ride sequence itself.

No, but where the origonal lights went up, the platforms were about 3 ft off the gondola. You could easily jump that. So to completly cover anything (and I have figured out how someone can get on the gondola with the platforms up) they keep them up until the ride is out of the can lights view.

You guys should know by now, I am very possessive of my park. Especially TRTR.

My wife and I and our 2 1/2 year old son live 3.5 hours away from PKI. We bought a season pass halfway through the year last year. Last summer we went to PKI and knew we would be coming at least 2 more times so we upgraded our one day ticket to a season pass.

We decieded, because we love PKI and our son is now a PKI addict that we would get a season pass for 2004 and well.

We were looking foward all last week to preview day. On Saturday night, we knew that it would be cold, and had to really think about if we wanted to come all that way. Would it be too cold for our son to have fun? Would it be too cold for us to have fun? On sunday morning about 8:30 we decieded that we would chance it.

We hopped in our Jeep and headed on over. We actually got started at about 9:30 and by the time we got there it was 1pm. 2pm PKI time.

We then found out the park would close at 5. We were kinda dissapointed...only 3 hours.

But, here is the thing. We went for our son. When we want to ride TRTR, DZ, Beast, SOB, F/O, or FoF, we take someone else with us to watch our child while we ride. But not today...this was for the three of us.

WE HAD A BLAST!!! Our son is really started to recognize things in the park, and has some favorite rides that he cries at when they are over. Not because he is scared, but because the ride is over. I think this makes some of the crews in HBL nervous, because they ask if he is ok. Yeah we say, don't worry, he is just mad because the ride is finished. (that's my boy!)

I guess that what i am trying to say is that i think i need to quit reading this post, beacuse it is actually starting to ruin the good time we had yesterday. I didn't expect everything to be perfect. Quite the contrary, and personally I wasn't even upset that I couldn't ride SOB. My face hurt just thinking about it. But for our son...it was PERFECT...it was everything he could want, no lines, fun fun fun, and it wasn't even that cold in the afternoon...there was one time I actually had to take off my jacket. Benjamin only had one complaint and that was the Eiffel Tower was closed.

But, he got over it. Maybe all of you complaing about the preview day should take a lesson from a 2 year old. You might learn a lot.

PKI DAY TRIPPER

Ok lets get some things straight for the Gneneral idiots who happen to carry Gold Passes and get ****ed off if one little thing goes wrong with their sneak preview:

I dunno. I really dont't care how everythign went the other day. I don't really care what was open and what wasn't. I wasn't there. But, if I was I'd be a bit mad too.

And what the hell is the off season for? To fix rides and hire new people. Interviewing people a week or two before the season opens and then training them on opening day or "preview" day is stupid.

Edited by AZ Kinda Guy

Hello All:

I have taken like 30 minutes to read every last argument, and I now see that Drew is on here so I will have to spend another 30 minutes reading his as soon as he posts, but here is the thought from the newbie on here.

Ok I have heard a 100 times that it was a Preview Day and that no one has any right to be upset that things werent working. Well I can understand your dissappointment that things werent working (it happens everytime a ride is down) but being Mad at PKI is a completely idiotic stament. Common how dumb can ya get??? There are rules with these rides that PKI doesnt really make up. I am assuming recommendations from the manufacturers that state what temperatures the ride would best work in. So just suck it up and realize that nothing that happened on sunday was PKI's fault at all. Not one thing was their fault!!! They cant control mother nature and they can't predict how long it will take to get a ride fixed....Geezz Louise

I dont wanna bash you but if you would have done your research or asked some simple questions to guest relations or HR at PKI you wouldnt have been dissapointed at all. If you would have called PKI b4 you came they would have gladly told you what was running that day and what wasn't. So since you didnt think of calling PKI and asking them what wasnt running that day when you realized how cold it was outside then it is completly YOUR FAULT!!!

I really respect your opinions on here. To an extent you all had some good claims. But the employees on here (Sparky, barnyard, stevo, derick, etc) know there stuff. They tried to help you out and tell you what was up but you all just wouldnt listen. If you just think about things then you too would realize that NOTHING WAS PKI'S FAULT!!!

JUST THINK ABOUT IT AND IF YOUR STILL ****ED THEN CALL DR. PHIL.

And if you ticked then come say hi to me at SOB or Gun this weekend and we can talk about it laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

~Tiny~

Firstoff, I need to say some things.

(not a long list I promise)

1) I am sorry for any comments that might have offended anyone else. Those of you who know me from this board know that I can let my emotions get ahold of me sometimes, and I just go off. It was completely out of character, and I am sorry.

Theres a slight difference when you know the person who is sitting in that restraint that you are checking and not knowing the person. Plus, dry run and preview day is basically for the newbies to get their feet wet with every concievable event possible. Although the power outage wasnt planned for. Anyway, think of it was on the job training. Even I, yes the great and powerful SOBTOM, was still learning stuff when I left the rides dept. last season. Eventually the newbies will find a groove and everything will be back to normal.

Oh and can we please drop all conversation from this day forward about the lights being on longer? Its just for safety purposes, thats all you need to know. Thank you.

I was going to Go sunday but i didnt because it was to cold and yes preview days are for newbies and for older members of the PKI Crew Its like going back to school after a Long Summer break you dont know whats going on and you get caught up in your emotions i know what its like!

Oh and can we please drop all conversation from this day forward about the lights being on longer? Its just for safety purposes, thats all you need to know. Thank you.

Amen! I'm sure there are a few people on this site who really know what happened, and a lot of people who think they know what happened. But I can say that some of the people very close to that situation read this site, and those of you who complain about a few extra seconds of extra light do not make that day any easier to forget. It was a life changing experience for some of us. Please let it go.

For those of you complainers, I know it makes the ride a little bit different, but you need to trust me when I say that there is a **** good reason for it. The lights will never, ever change back to the old way. Remember, you are PKI enthusiasts and you notice things that other guests do not - most guests to the park have no idea that anything has even changed. Sometimes you just have to be accepting that the park knows what they are doing.

Yeah you really need to let it go. These problems are common to almost every park I know. I would just be happy that a ride or two works and I can get a little thrill or something. The park isn't even officially open yet. I'm going to go in June and just have a good time. I could care less if a light doesn't work... at least the ride does. biggrin.gif

Yes, Scooby Doo. I agree that this topic has run its course. What happened is in the past. and to quote Pumba from the Lion King, "You have to put the past behind you." What`s done is done. We have many more, wonderful days to experience the park this season when everything will be in top notch working order.

Hey all!

I'm sorry to hear that people didn't really have a good day at PKI on Sunday. I know that I froze to death on Sunday and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. I honeslty think some people are just crazy for wanting to go 60+ mph on a ride when the wind chill is already 26 degrees! Hopefully no one ended up sick.

I can understand the frustrations with the indoor rides like FoF and TR:TR on a day like Sunday. Just for the fact that they are indoor and running is nice because you can get out of the cold and enjoy something. I know poor TR has had it's problems, but we are working on it. It is still one of the most unique rides built, and the technology behind it is still new. I know that the effects are pretty cool when they are all up and running and it can take away from the ride a little when they aren't all working. I would have been happy just being out of the cold!

I just hope you guys come back and visit us again and understand that the park can have bad days. Saturday the power browned out for a split second and stuck a lot of people on rides. At least that didn't happen on Sunday, but the fact that it was so cold did close rides and eventually the park closed early. I can see how people can be upset about that because it was advertised as being open till 8 and people probably showed up at 5 and we had to turn them away. The park needs to make money to stay open, and the decision to close is not easy to make. Since all of the guests invited that day were season pass holders, at least they could come back later in the season.

I know someone mentioned that it was this cold in 2002 for something, but the only thing I can think of for that is that it was warmer during the day and the ride could operate. As I understand it, if it is warm enough to operate the ride and the ride has been running for a few hours, if the temperature dips a little, it can still work b/c the ride itself is warm from running. Sparky might be able to elaborate on that.

Well, take care all and hopefully we will see you again later in the season. The crews will be broken in and eveyone will be having more fun (hopefully) because it won't be so d*mn cold! Of course, it might be worse when it's a hundred degrees, but at least you can ride a ride and cool down!