Dollywood impromptu trip

LoraX

Sunday morning I woke Princess Sparkles up by asking her if she wanted to go to Dollywood. I have never seen her get ready faster in her life.

We had not been to Dollywood since 2010. It was a very overdue trip to say the least. Dollywood is one of my favorite parks. It's beautiful and the customer service is always excellent.

Back in 2010, she was so cute and sweet.

5063d367618a958db6a2f59a1833a333.jpg

2015, still cute, sweet is pushing it a bit.

ad0e7ee7e1756246b80b951bbc59a983.jpg

On a serious note, she's a great kid.

The first ride we rode was Thunderhead. I guess since it had been so long since riding it, I forgot how much I really enjoy this coaster. It found it smoother than the last time we were there.

Taken from the train:

eeb01b4ec6d0c7a036d4ef63142b26dd.jpg

cad2178b3527253c14bef16db63835cb.jpg

Our next ride was Mystery Mine. Mystery Mine is one of my favorite coasters. The 2nd hill / drop is one of my favorite parts on any coaster.

73d9122fba8c87cecd50b523eb0cf2f4.jpg

56525f2b6b7a96443a02d20b23f292d1.jpg

I can say one very strange things that happened is getting a text from a KICer bragging about being at Dollywood when you, yourself, are standing in line at Dollywood.

Next we rode Wild Eagle. I was not sure what I would think about this ride. It's similar to Gatekeeper, but smaller and in my opinion a superior coaster over Gatekeeper. We rode it 5 or 6 times. The crew for Wild Eagle is nothing shy of phenomenal.

9af47887ddc792d161e52cf25d568ad2.jpg

fb049596923890f55c07787455611d7c.jpg

We rode FireChaser next. While I can say this one is not an exciting coaster to me, it is a wonderful family ride. I love how they repurposed the props from Adventure Mountain.

3d3b2946064995c5222b4dbf557957c5.jpg

Tennessee Tornado is my least favorite ride at Dollywood. I absolutely hate the restraints. The main reason I usually do not like coasters is typically because of the restraints that are like Vortex at Kings Island. I do love the theming of the ride.

ac47062b194eb170363b8185ce0856c6.jpg

After the park closed, we met up with friends that moved to Gatlinburg several years ago. It was great getting to see them.

For this to be an impromptu trip, we had a lot of fun.

• Like 12

Good stuff, glad you all had a good time. I entertained the idea of going down there last week knowing that it was the closest theme park open during my Spring Break, but I decided against it for a number of reasons. As for the rides, I do have to agree to disagree about Tornado as it's one of my personal favorites at Dollywood because of its smoothness. However, I know we can both agree on the fact that Mystery Mine is awesome! :D

• Like 7

I prefer Gatekeeper to Wild Eagle. Honestly I love Gagekeeper for one specific seat and would ride it over many many coasters. I also love Tennessee Tornado I think it's the best of its kind. I agree about Mystery Mine.

I haven't been to Dollywood since '13. It hasn't been as long as it was for you, but I'm really itching to go back. Even 2 years is long overdue!

I'm glad you and Katie had a lot of fun. I would love to go with you on one of these trips sometime. It would be fun going to my favorite theme park together!

Tennessee Tornado is my least favorite ride at Dollywood.

What?! That's one of my favorite rides! :P But hey, each one of us is different. I forgive you. :D

• Like 3

On almost every coaster I do not like, it boils down to restraints. Any kind of coaster that has restraints similar to Vortex at Kings Island I don't typically like. I hate the head banging. I am short and it's very uncomfortable. I know how to push myself up, but that makes for only a slightly improved experience.

• Like 3