Fanny Packs, BackPacks, Carry Bags

johnaalexis

Hello everyone! Couple of questions -->

1. Has anyone every worn a fanny pack, hip bag, or runners belt to Kings Island??

2. Did they make you take it off on the rides?

I have a runners belt that it flat and smooth on my skin (it fits well under my shirts when I run and it's not really noticeable) I was planning on wearing it this summer instead of carrying around a backpack (I find it annoying to take on and off and leaving in the bin for some else to pick up etc.) but if I'm going to have to take if on and off just like a back pack then there really isn't a point to changing form my backpack.

Also I have a small fanny pack that is very similar just more poufy (bigger pockets) than the runners belt and I'm having the same concerns with it. So, I was just wondering if anyone has had an experiences with things like this!

Thank you for you input, all help/stories is greatly appreciated!!! :D

• Like 1

Last summer they would not let you wear a fanny pack, etc on Banshee, you would have to take it off and leave it in a locker or with a friend before even entering the line. I ended up not getting a new fanny pack for that reason alone.

What was suggested to me instead, and what I have learned to love, is cargo pants/shorts. Unable to find any with pockets the size I wanted in women's I ended up buying men's. I can't recommend them enough. Zippers on the pockets are best, but buttons or Velcro will do too.

• Like 7

Yes, cargo shorts are your best bet. I got a pair of shorts made of quick-dry material with one zipper pocket and one Velcro pocket from Dick's Sporting Goods last summer, then I had my grandmother remove the Velcro flap and sew a zipper onto that pocket, so it now has two zipper pockets.

Zipper pockets are by far the best choice. Failing that, buttons work also. I'm wary of Velcro and snaps and don't fully trust them. As Magenta Lizard said, you can't even enter the line at Banshee with a waist pack of any kind, so that option is about as good as a backpack.

• Like 5

I've used a runners belt before. As LoraX said, it's not always the most comfortable. I tend to wear a tank under my shirts so I just wore mine between the two layers. I would shift it high up on my torso to make sure it wasn't between my body and the restraints. It was just big enough to fit my phone, 1 car key and license/season pass/credit card.

When I had a different phone several years, I had a fabric phone holder that slid through my belt to stay secure. With the size of phones now, I don't see that as a viable option.

I'm going to be looking for cargo shorts but I haven't had luck in finding them in previous years for my size/shape. They tend to hit in a really unflattering spot between my knees and mid-calves thanks to my lack of height.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the tips guys!!!!! I do have one more question thought that I just thought of what it you have like a lanyard that holds you season pass but like holds you phones too.... wonder if they would just make me tuck it in me shirt or all the way off lol

While at an amusement park I had no idea being fashion conscious was a prerequisite. I not only wear cargo shorts, but at times I wear Crocs when it's raining. As you can tell I am quite the fashionista.

• Like 10

Please know that I didn't mean to imply that fashion/style should be of great importance when at a park. Really, to each their own and whatever makes them comfortable. I'm the person that will happily wear the work uniform so I can wear my gym shoes instead of dress shoes. I wish I'd been as lucky as everyone else in finding cargo shorts as that would make my life way simpler. Frankly, what I've tried on in past years would have had me walking around with a "saggy bottom" or a certain area of fabric halfway to my knees instead of where it belongs. That's not my style or comfort level and no one needs/wants to see that on me! :)

• Like 5

I bought a pair of men's cargo shorts at a thrift store last summer to wear to the park just to give it try and I had the same problem. Very saggy in unfortunate places and my god, they felt like they weighed 10lbs. My 6 year old asked me to please never wear those man pants again because they were embarassing, lol.

• Like 2

I have an awesome pair of American Eagle cargo shorts. They are amazing! They fit just snug enough to not be baggy or "droopy" looking. And, in referencing one of the above posts, I was unaware that cargo shorts were a "fashion no no." If they were such a fashion no no, then stores wouldn't sell them. I've been in several stores at the mall the past couple of summers and seen cargo shorts on the racks. Not out of date, discount racks either.

Anyway, even if they were out of style who really cares? When I go to KI on a hot summer day, my main objective is to be comfortable. I'll wear whatever clothing is comfortable and suitable to whatever weather we're experiencing that day. Although I do have my limits as I would never wear something like pajama pants out in public. My clothing is comfortable and presentable and could care less if it was in style or out of style.

• Like 5

I've never been one to worry that much about how fashionable I was when going to a park, even during my teen years. I always was a little amazed by the people who would dress in ways that looked to be uncomfortable or unwieldy, presumably to pick up or impress members of their preferred sex. High heels or a short skirt when I'm there to ride rides, I don't think so, even if I'm on a date.

These days, I'm definitely not dressing for fashion or to pick anyone up. I do try to wear things I think are fun or cute (I have these rainbow tie-dye sneakers that get at least one compliment every time I wear them somewhere), but only if they're also appropriate for long walking/standing, hot days, and riding rides. My uniform usually consists of a fun t-shirt, cargo shorts, comfortable shoes with socks, and my hair pulled into two low pigtails. I used to usually do a high single pony tail but I find the two low ones stay out of the way of some headrests (like on FoF) better.

• Like 5

My uniform usually consists of a fun t-shirt, cargo shorts, comfortable shoes with socks, and my hair pulled into two low pigtails. I used to usually do a high single pony tail but I find the two low ones stay out of the way of some headrests (like on FoF) better.

Lol, I love that you consider your hair part of your park "uniform." I usually go with a low side ponytail, for just the same reason you mentioned about Flight of Fear. But I just got several inches of hair cut, and I keep wondering what in the world I'm going to do at the park. Maybe just a clip for the bangs and let the rest ride free in wind!

• Like 2

I have my limits on what I'll wear (in public), but I've noticed not being single, and the older I get, I care less about all that.

I've gone to the supermarket in pajama pants, Batman t-shirt, and slippers. Why would I worry about what someone thinks of my cargo shorts?

• Like 5