The Beast Experience

BeeastFarmer

I think unless the music is incorporated throughout the entire experience it seems odd on just the lift - always has to me. I don't think in this case it adds a lot. I think it feels tacked on and unnecessary especially since its continually interrupted for the safety announce. If they had recorded that INTO the music then it would have been better - especially if there were areas throughout the ride that the music was heard again to "accent" what was happening - like the tunnels etc. But overall I won't miss it - It would have been better to have had themed music playing in the station instead of ONE DIRECTION

• Like 3

• 10 months later...

So I have changed my mind about The Beast music.  I think the first lift hill is better without it.  The announcement is annoying.  I do like it on the second lift and have found my happy place.  That means they will probably change it for 2016.

Still kind of forlorn about not having The Beast as my first coaster in 2016, but will do Thunderhead so that my first 2016 coaster will be a woodie.

• Like 1

Music in stations/on rides/etc. doesn't even phase me. I'm so in tune with the moment I'm in when I'm at a park. Being at a park, riding a coaster, flat ride, anything to do with a park, is my therapy. I take in the experience. Music can be playing but I listen to the things I can't hear at home, i.e. the ride, the chatter of folks in queues, the restraints opening and closing, etc. 

• Like 5

Music in stations/on rides/etc. doesn't even phase me. I'm so in tune with the moment I'm in when I'm at a park. Being at a park, riding a coaster, flat ride, anything to do with a park, is my therapy. I take in the experience. Music can be playing but I listen to the things I can't hear at home, i.e. the ride, the chatter of folks in queues, the restraints opening and closing, etc.

I think music can greatly improve the experience of an attraction. I think it's a very underrated element of theming.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

What are the songs called that play on some of the lift hills anyway? I would love to know!

This was in another thread last year at Halloween Haunt.  I am sorry I don't recall the poster's name, but he posted a video of him and his son at Haunt.  In the Octoberfest area, I heard the "old" lifthill music on the speakers.  I commented and he replied that it was from the Independence Day soundtrack, but I can't remember the name of the song.

• Like 1

I think music can greatly improve the experience of an attraction. I think it's a very underrated element of theming.

That may be, but for me personally it does nothing for me. I'm so in tune with music outside of parks that paying attention to it in a park disturbs my "therapy" if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the Legend howl and Banshee scream. 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

The Beast experience this year was not good for me.  Assigned seating and only two non wheel rows.  But a bad ride on The Beast is better than a good ride on Invertigo.  

I ended up riding Adventure Express more than The Beast this year.

This comment is going in for posterity during a global pandemic--I'm grateful I got to experience KI 4 times this summer.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

^ I'm sure The Beast will get some TLC this winter too! They just didn't mention it yet. Supposedly they had steel for the helix, but I never saw that over the summer. My experience on The Beast this summer was great! I didn't have any issues.

Same here, and yes they did put some steel supports up to reinforce the helix over the summer.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Just out of curiosity, do people still like The Beast? I seen a lot of people complaining on the facebook page - Kings Island season passholders, about how it needs re-tracked or RMC treatment. Please God don't let them RMC The Beast! It just celebrated 40 years a couple years ago too so I would hate to see it get RMC. If anything, have gravity group do some work to it like they did to Racer in the off-season.

12 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

Just out of curiosity, do people still like The Beast? I seen a lot of people complaining on the facebook page - Kings Island season passholders, about how it needs re-tracked or RMC treatment. Please God don't let them RMC The Beast! It just celebrated 40 years a couple years ago too so I would hate to see it get RMC. If anything, have gravity group do some work to it like they did to Racer in the off-season.

Lol. Do people still like Kings Island? I see a lot of people complaining on facebook...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shawn Meyer said:

The Beast is absolutely fantastic and re-ridable as long as you're in the right seat.

Plus I don't believe there will ever be a coaster that hold the height, speed and length records all at once as it did when it opened.  It is truly legendary.

That being said giving it the "Racer" treatment would be a good thing.

• Thanks 1

For me, The Beast is still a great ride. She is a little rough sometimes, but worth the queue. However, if I were to compare chalk and cheese, The Beast is a much better ride at night than during the day. Hopefully, we can enjoy night rides on The Beast again in the not-too-distant future.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had a question for anyone who might have worked Kings Island or knows the story behind this. On a busy day, you expect all three trains to be on the track for The Beast and all top roller coasters at Kings Island. Well this past Sunday, there wasn't that much of a crowd and a lot of rides were walk-on. My question is why run all three trains when you don't have to? The Beast ran 3 trains on Sunday, but they only really needed 2. I've seen Cedar Point run 2 trains on certain rides if the park is slow, but then there are certain rides they do run all three trains when they could save the wear and tear on the third train. I hope this question makes sense.

^ Kings Island typically runs all trains on their coasters, regardless of how busy the park is. Other parks are different; Kennywood for instance typically only runs both trains on Phantom when the park is exceptionally busy.

I don't what the reasoning is; perhaps a member of the rides team could weigh in. It may have to do with simplifying ride operations since maintenance is needed to transfer trains at Kings Island. It's also a better guest experience to have minimal waits for rides on days when the park is not crowded.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...