If you could bring back ONE ride.....

johnaalexis

If you had the power to bring back ONE ride from Kings Island years past, which ride would you bring back?

The years in ( ) are the years when the ride listed was operational at Kings Island

**I have opted out of using ride from previous years that were in Nickelodeon Land / Hanna-Barbera Land (another poll for another time).

In the poll, I have listed Son of Beast with the loop and without the loop as two options becasue I rode it both ways and felt that it changed the ride experience. Also, I have listed Tomb Raider and The Crypt seperatly becasuse the difference in the two ride experience was very different.

My choice would have to be King Cobra and I know some maybe curious why I chose that one - Because I never rode it (granted I didn't ride alot of these) but that one intreges me the most becuase my dad has talked about riding it several times and that has always peaked my interest to have the experence.

My second choice would be Phantom Theater, because Boo Blaster is lack luster and needs some love.

I am curious to see how everyone feels, so VOTE!! (And let me know if I missed any that was you want back.)

• Like 4

I remember King Cobra vaguely when I was little, but I wasnt tall enough to ride. I've seen many videos of it, and overall it looked like a great coaster.

Also I have only rode Tomb Raider, but after it was changed to the Crypt I never rode it, was there much changed to it after Tomb Raider theme was removed?

• Like 6

I remember King Cobra vaguely when I was little, but I wasnt tall enough to ride. I've seen many videos of it, and overall it looked like a great coaster.

Also I have only rode Tomb Raider, but after it was changed to the Crypt I never rode it, was there much changed to it after Tomb Raider theme was removed?

From what I remember (other member feel free to add to my experience or correct me if I'm wrong) the original Tomb Raider: the Ride had this big intro and short film also you couldn't see the ride from the room with the short film and when it was tomb raider the ride did many flips and spins and had a plot - a story - I myself felt like through the ride I was moving to different part in different rooms even though the ride what just going up down and around

However the Crypt took away the intro/short film it took away the secrecy (you could see the ride operate while waiting) and it did much less movement (flips/spin) than it did when it was Tomb Raider. It was a great ride as Tomb Raider but as the Crypt it became lackluster and it lost its touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Wow, this is a tough one. I wish I had the chance to ride Son of Beast (with loop) and King Cobra I also really miss Phantom Theater. I can't pick between those three.

I love Son of Beast with the loop!! I never rode King Cobra but I really want to and I sadly didn't get to experience Phantom Theater - but I hear many people praise it and want it back!!

• Like 1

Screemin' Demon...but for purely selfish reasons.

I never rode that one and always had to wait for my mom and brother while they rode...then it was removed. Every other ride that I had to sit and wait for them (that I remember anyway), I've since ridden (for some of them, many many many times over).

I honestly don't remember why I never rode it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a height issue, as I rode the original bat, and I rode Vortex opening on its season.

I never rode Son of Beast, but wish I could have. It doesn't have the 'sat and waited' component, though lol. I never rode, or don't remember riding, some of the others. I don't avoid flat rides, but they're not really my thing, so I don't 'miss' them when they're removed or shut down for repair.

I do wish something like Sky Ride would make a comeback so visitors could get from one side of the park to the other without *having* to walk it. Some summer afternoon/evening you may be getting off of Vortex and would like to find a place to sit and relax for a few minutes and the youngest wants to ride Woodstock Express. BAM! Get on a gondola, relax, take in a view and keep the youngest quiet because you're on the way to Woodstock Express. Win Win Win.

• Like 6

From what I remember of the Sky Ride, standing in queues for 30-40 minutes is missing from your scenario's timeline. :)

Every time I think I'd like to have it back as a shortcut across the park, I remember that. I would like it back for its views and thrill, though.

I faintly remember it being there. I don't remember riding it (I'm sure I did, though).

Queue time for a 'transportation' ride is something to think about, which I hadn't, honestly. I do think it would be pretty nifty to have one if that 'problem' could be resolved, which is basically "queue time plus travel time <= walking time"

• Like 2

Phantom Theater hands down! We have plenty of coasters and thrill rides, but what we don't have enough of are calm, relaxing rides for the whole family. We need something else that fits that category. Plus, I really miss that ride and would love the chance to experience it again.

• Like 3

If I'm alone, and don't have to take other people's pace into account (also, if the park isn't so crowded I can't maneuver around slower walkers), I can get from any part of the dry park to any other part in about five minutes or less. That's at a brisk walk, no running.

So, there's pretty much no chance that a transportation ride would actually save me time (even if there was no line). I still ride the train because I enjoy it, and I would do the same with the sky ride if it were there.

• Like 2

Phantom Theater hands down! We have plenty of coasters and thrill rides, but what we don't have enough of are calm, relaxing rides for the whole family. We need something else that fits that category. Plus, I really miss that ride and would love the chance to experience it again.

I never got to ride it but the way people talk about I wish it was back so I could experience it!!!

• Like 3