If you could bring back ONE ride.....

johnaalexis

Phantom Theater hands down! We have plenty of coasters and thrill rides, but what we don't have enough of are calm, relaxing rides for the whole family. We need something else that fits that category. Plus, I really miss that ride and would love the chance to experience it again.

I never got to ride it but the way people talk about I wish it was back so I could experience it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember riding it when I was little, but thanks to CoasterBob on YouTube I can relive it every day.

• Like 2

Phantom Theater hands down! We have plenty of coasters and thrill rides, but what we don't have enough of are calm, relaxing rides for the whole family. We need something else that fits that category. Plus, I really miss that ride and would love the chance to experience it again.

I never got to ride it but the way people talk about I wish it was back so I could experience it!!!

Youre not missing out on anything. It's a ride once and never ride again type of deal.

I remember riding it when I was little, but thanks to CoasterBob on YouTube I can relive it every day.

Oh cool! I'll have to go check it out!!

• Like 1

This was a tough choice between Phantom Theatre and Tomb Raider. Both were great and would be welcome additions back to the park. Loved the Disney Haunted Mansion like feel to Phantom Theatre and it was so much fun and I still miss it each time I ride Boo Blasters (and on Scooby Doo before that). Tomb Raider was a fun thrill ride with amazing theming. Wish we could at least get something like The Crypt at Kings Dominion at KI. Love top spins.

Phantom Theatre got my vote this time though. Great nostalgia and was something special to the park. Think a great themed dark ride would be an amazing addition to the park again. Plus it has great capacity and fun for the entire family.

The Les Taxis would be a very close third option for me as well but the other two would definitely be ahead of it for me still.

• Like 4

Obviously I liked Tomb Raider: The Ride better than The Crypt, but I didn't even care when it was on it's tamer cycle. That ride was still a blast, IMO. I wish they could build a new one, knowing what they know now about the water effects/humidity effects on an indoor ride. But we will probably never see another giant Top Spin.

• Like 3

Son of Beast before he was neutered. Of course, if it were possibly to TRULY bring back a ride, today Sonny would be a much different ride in a good way; a ride that could hold the test of time and actually be built correctly. But alas I sit here with the knowledge of owning a piece of his track mounted to a plaque stored away safely in my closet still in the bubble wrap. Sigh.

• Like 8

I never got to ride Son of Beast.  I've heard bits and pieces of the story:  The contractors used cheap, inferior wood; the former owner of KI pressured the contractor with deadlines and tight budgets and so on.  It certainly was a ride to behold!  I would love to see another wooden coaster that breaks records at Kings Island, but I think the next "big" coaster will be steel. 

One ride, besides Les Taxis, I would like to see returh is Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal.  While they are at it, put the water back around The Beast. (dreamer, aren't I?)

• Like 2

Hmmm.

Paramount Parks bumped the contractor out and became its own general contractor....

Who was the original contractor?  Why were they bumped?  Too bad they did not do the stellar job they did when they acted as their own contractor/design firm for The Beast....

• Like 1

RCCA was fired midway through construction and SOB was finished in-house.   It had to go through several re-tracking projects through its entire life, a Band-Aid style approach as it was put in the forensics report from 2006, where something was fixed over a short term period without thinking of the long term effects.  Paramount did a lot without consulting a proper design firm, mainly as, I imagine, no one would touch it.  I imagine even RCCA was given lots of incentive to build it at all.  Werner Stengel, the main designer (who essentially designed a wood coaster like he did a steel coaster), distances himself from it.  

• Like 3

Makes me feel better about living out west during the Paramount years.  See also, decision to place The Italian Stunt Job coaster in the horrible location its in, and TR:TR in Rivertown.  Never rode TR:TR or The Crypt, but it and BLSC are terribly misplaced.  But then again, Cedar Fair has either directed, or allowed, the removal of the Coney Mall sign.  (sigh)

edited to remove text of a previous poster.

• Like 1

Cedar Fair was in possession, control and chose to operate Son of Beast in July 2oo6. If it did not believe it to be safe to operate, I can assure you it would not have done so.

The same can be said of Paramount Parks in 2ooo.

And, the State of Ohio had inspected the ride and certified it to operate.

NO ONE made a conscious decision to knowingly operate an unsafe ride. That is a very serious allegation, and there is simply no evidence to substantiate it.

• Like 7

Sonny will be the urban legend of this generation as The Bat is to my age group....even though Sonny lasted longer than the poor Bat, I will be giggling to myself another 10yrs from now when I hear someone speculate or ask questions in line about what used to partially stand on the grounds where Banshee stands today ( especially thanks to the beautiful tombstone that stands there today in memory of the big rebelious Son of Beast )

• Like 7

My vote goes to The Flying Eagles. I still have a hard time walking by that basketball game knowing what a fantastic ride once existed there. Luckily, my parents moved out close to Charlotte this past year, so a trip to Carowinds is coming up soon with a free place to stay! Absolutely cannot wait to marathon my favorite non coaster ride ever!

Second place is for The Bat. I was fortunate to ride that many times before it was dismantled. At the time, as an impressionable kid, it felt like a completely out of control ride through the trees, especially going down the 2nd lift hill. Ahhh Memories!

Not a ride, but I also sincerely miss the covered walkway that used to extend from Hanna Barabara Land/Planet Snoopy. It had a great ambience, espcially walking through there in the evenings with all the soft lighting effects.

• Like 5

Still waiting on the Speed Slides option, this would have been a great way to start off my days at the Bay, or City? Or Works?

BB1, one of the few who do

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Out of those choices, I picked the Rotor. I always thought it was cool when the floor dropped out.

I rode Son of Beast with and without the loop. The loop added so much more to the ride. It was really strange when the cars went through that section without the loop. I was like...booorriiinnng.

I was going to mention Der Spinnin' Keggers as it was something the entire family can enjoy.

Rode The Bat (original) and remember it as a pretty wild ride. Too bad the design was poor.

• Like 2