Red Track spotted at Batavia Steel Plant

Oldschool75

With the way the support connectors are on the track, I'd guess this is a coaster with trains above the track, ruling out an inverted coaster or flying coaster. Those track parts could be for any of their remaining types, so I won't guess which for sure yet. A piece of track in the picture on the original post definitely shows the base of a lift for such types.

Keep in mind, too, that this track could be going overseas. This plant has produced track for several parks abroad.

@DontWantToWait42mar0- You do realize that Thunderbird will in fact open before this one, right? Why exclude it because its a wing coaster? That makes no sense. How is Hulk not a B&M?

• Like 6

I'll just say this- I've been out to the plant before on similar endeavors and I'm familiar with those camera angles back in my early days of running another coaster website. To get both of those pictures, unless they have a nice zoom, they would require the photographer's presence either on the property or on a neighboring property.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, too, that this track could be going overseas. This plant has produced track for several parks abroad.

How many steel fabricators does B&M use? I only know of Clermont, meaning that this ride could end up anywhere.

• Like 1

I know of one in Europe, probably in Switzerland where B&M HQ is, and I believe they have a west coast location in California. Batavia's can really churn out track if need be, so I imagine they can get by with minimal locations to produce the steel.

• Like 2

This thread got me curious about B&M's products. I see several interesting things about how they distinguish their products.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com/

1. Their 'giga' coaster is lumped in under their hyper coaster model

2. They're getting into family coasters, which, their family inverted coaster has a layout to several newer Vekoma layouts from their equivalent

3. They still have stand up coasters listed

I'm also hating the new train colors on Dragon Khan at PortAventura.

• Like 1

If i worked there, i'd keep some random track pieces and every now and again, paint them different colors then set the on skids outside the plant and watch the coaster community explode.

That would be some really expensive teasing. Have you any idea how much even the raw material costs? Steel isn't cheap.

Per this site, it would seem that steel is going for $295/metric ton. Let's use round numbers and say your teaser track section weighs 40 metric tons, or 44.09 "short tons" (U.S. units), and that it's a rate of $300/metric ton.

40 metric ton * ($300 / metric ton) = $12,000

Plus paint, labor, etc.. While I'm sure you're suggesting it because it'd be really cool (for them), it's probably not gonna happen. :P

• Like 3

my guess is a 900 foot tall green Intamin coming to Tower Gardens in 2016 :)

The pieces of track in the picture....aren't Green.

My guess is, B&M Coaster....some park.....on Earth.

What color if not green?

Are you color blind and unable to read? The pieces are Red.

• Like 2

Sorry to double post.

The pics from Clermont Steel don't look like Dive Coaster track.

At least not Shiekra sized.

Notice the extra width and straight connectors.

unnamed_1.jpg

Dive Coaster track is massive.

unnamed%201.jpg

Normal sized track (Kumba) with the typical curved connectors for reference.

unnamed%202_1.jpg

• Like 8

What color if not green?

Did you not see the one piece in the back right that's clearly different than the others? Sure looks green to me.

• Like 1

What color if not green?

Now you state this. Nowhere in the quotes did you specify the track as red, merely not green..

B&M now has smaller gauge track to use on smaller Dive Machines now. Check out Krake at Heide Park.

Thanks for the USEFUL input.

I was not aware of this, the only Dive Coaster experience I have is with Shiekra, which is why I mentioned it and took some pics today. :)

That said, using their last few installs as a guide. Cedar Fair will not be installing ( IF they are even installing one) a small Dive Coaster. Wouldn't surprise me if it requires BIGGER track than any other.

• Like 5

There are 2 other Dive Machines opening in Europe this year- Baron 1898 at Efteling in the Netherlands, and Oblivion- Black Hole at Gardaland in Italy (both with some decent theming I might add) with those smaller track gauges as well. B&M offers 3 variants in terms of seat arrangements- 6 across like the small ones, 8 across like SheiKra and some of the early DM's, and 10 across like Griffon. The later 2 use the wider track.

I will concur with the post above in guessing the red track is bound for China.

• Like 4

If i worked there, i'd keep some random track pieces and every now and again, paint them different colors then set the on skids outside the plant and watch the coaster community explode.

That would be some really expensive teasing. Have you any idea how much even the raw material costs? Steel isn't cheap.

Per this site, it would seem that steel is going for $295/metric ton. Let's use round numbers and say your teaser track section weighs 40 metric tons, or 44.09 "short tons" (U.S. units), and that it's a rate of $300/metric ton.

40 metric ton * ($300 / metric ton) = $12,000

Plus paint, labor, etc.. While I'm sure you're suggesting it because it'd be really cool (for them), it's probably not gonna happen. :P

Of course i was serious (sarcasm flag flying).

• Like 8

The only rational assumption one could make, as good as any fact if not better, is that Kings Island has built a brand new roller coaster in secret, sneakily hidden from webcams and plain eye view by a very large matte painting. Well played Cedar Fair, well played. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Nothing at that link suggests that anything is actually being built. A quick Google search for Huayi Brothers Movie World turned up nothing but movie info. They want to spend "several hundred million dollars" co-producing movies.

Me personally, I believe they would be better off putting that money towards their Air Quality.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...