Red Track spotted at Batavia Steel Plant

Oldschool75

Last I checked, Cedar Point wasn't a park themed to European Folklore.

Then we can remove: 

Diamondback as this isn't even a snake native to Ohio

Congo Falls, I mean, where's the rainforest in Action Zone?

Adventure Express, Mayan Indiana Jones esque theming...in whats left of "Oktoberfest"

Also, how do you know the park may not add a European kind of theme to an area. We already have Frontier Town/Trail that's beautifully themed. Then there's several shops & items that have great theming to them such as Pagoda for instance. Just because they don't have it now doesn't mean they won't have it ever at all.

It's just a name, it's just a ride. Keep to that, and amusement parks get alot more fun, promise. I don't critique Flight of Fear because it has a dumb name,  I go to parks, and ride rides.

• Like 10

Agreed. They have to name it SOMETHING, and I kinda like coasters to have scary/unique sounding names. I hope they do use Valravn.

Plus that area isn't TOO far off from Rougarou. And Iron Dragon. We could see a mythological creature theme area someday. Ya never know! (Coasters Drive In would be a little out of place though.)

Edit: Capitalization

• Like 4

Last I checked, Cedar Point wasn't a park themed to European Folklore.

Then we can remove: 

Diamondback as this isn't even a snake native to Ohio

Congo Falls, I mean, where's the rainforest in Action Zone?

Adventure Express, Mayan Indiana Jones esque theming...in whats left of "Oktoberfest"

Also, how do you know the park may not add a European kind of theme to an area. We already have Frontier Town/Trail that's beautifully themed. Then there's several shops & items that have great theming to them such as Pagoda for instance. Just because they don't have it now doesn't mean they won't have it ever at all.

It's just a name, it's just a ride. Keep to that, and amusement parks get alot more fun, promise. I don't critique Flight of Fear because it has a dumb name,  I go to parks, and ride rides.

Something tells me you would love to go back and forth on this for days.

You think I don't have fun at parks when you don't even know me? Bold statement.

I ride rides as well. Just don't care for one named after a mythical child killing beast. I'm sure the ride will be fun, I like Dive Coasters. Just don't care for the name. Sorry that that bothers you SO much.

• Like 5

You are the one fussing. I said I didn't like it......end of discussion. No reason for you to go on about how you don't feel the same way. I don't expect everyone to. Not everything has to be a drawn out debate.

As for the ride pieces this thread is supposed to be about. I wonder if anyone has obtained not so legal photos of the labels? The ones for the ride going to China told exactly what the ride type was.

Edit: Not saying anyone should take illegal photos, just wondering so please do not pick that statement to death.

• Like 3

When we have a coaster named after a she devil that kills anyone

Wait, I'm confused. Are you referring to Banshee or some other ride? As far as I remember from my folklore and legend readings, a Banshee is seen as an omen of death as her song/screech foretells someone's death.

• Like 5

Not, YOU guys, just one.

I said I didn't like the name is all. Nothing about Dark Themes, my thoughts on Banshee, etc. Rock head there shows up to get butt hurt about it and pick my opinion to death. I got tired of it and decided to leave it alone. Now another rock head shows up and yanks the first ones chain again so he can go on like he knows me and how I feel about rides and parks. Just another idiot to put on ignore.

• Like 3

^^Wow, referring to me as "just one," "first ones chain," and name calling with "idiot" 

I'm not some dog on a chain, I have a name if you care to be civil. All I stated was it's just a name, keep it that way and it stays fun. Which clearly showing by your responses seem to still be quite defensive.

But to appease you, here's a meme from Dog idiot me for you good sir :)

No_idea_what_i_m_doing.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It'll probably be done at this point, I'm sure the ignore button was hit awhile ago, which is fine for me honestly, I have no hard feelings. There's alot more to get pent up about, like work (bleh vacation needs to be soon).

I just poke fun, and have fun..

Again, I just ride rides to ride rides. Which speaking of which this weekend looks like an ample opportunity...

Where to go...

• Like 2

I like messing with hypocritical people, they amuse me, about as much as liars too (See Random Discussion) 

Nothing new on other fronts regarding the track anyways. Like I said, until you see trailers arrive or they start rigging pieces together to transport, there's nothing new to discuss yet. We just need prying eyes on Clermont for awhile to see what pieces roll out and when they do. I have a company event here in a week or so down in the Cincy region. I may stop by and take a look around. I've been meaning to stop by the plant for quite some time. Even if it adds a bit of unnecessary drive time, it'll still be fun.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The park name (Gyeongju World) is shown on the sticker in the picture above. Perhaps it's not worth the effort to substitute X-Works for international parks?

Most regulars know this, but for anyone new reading this thread: Clermont Steel has a good relationship with enthusiasts, so take care not to don't do anything stupid (i.e. trespassing) if you stop by.

• Like 3