Immersive Dark Ride Planned For Kings Island?

BoddaH1994

Anecdotal, I know, but it seems that Boo Blasters still holds appeal. There are always plenty of young families in line for it when I'm there. Again, I admit anecdotal.

True but its also one of the few rides all parents/children can ride together and its air conditioned which helps in the heat.

Maybe Im the outsider here but it doesnt/shouldnt be a haunted theme. If they go with Amusement Dark in Rivertown, then make it a light heartened fun experience in the Boo Blasters building. Maybe Im just old but maybe it should be more fun....

• Like 7

The options are endless, I personally rather see the now Boo Blasters become the new dark ride, and the Old Crypt Building have a Mack Wild Mouse coaster, with mine-cart themed trains. Inside the empty box, with a very steep chain lift so it can utilize the height of the box.

• Like 6

Anecdotal, I know, but it seems that Boo Blasters still holds appeal. There are always plenty of young families in line for it when I'm there. Again, I admit anecdotal.

True but its also one of the few rides all parents/children can ride together and its air conditioned which helps in the heat.

Maybe Im the outsider here but it doesnt/shouldnt be a haunted theme. If they go with Amusement Dark in Rivertown, then make it a light heartened fun experience in the Boo Blasters building. Maybe Im just old but maybe it should be more fun....

I agree. Every ride that has been there has been popular for it's run. It is the only dark ride in the park, accessible and has appeal to all, and sheltered with air condition for when you want to cool down or get out of the rain. Don't think it is Boo Blasters itself so much as the ride in general attracting the families and other guests.

The options are endless, I personally rather see the now Boo Blasters become the new dark ride, and the Old Crypt Building have a Mack Wild Mouse coaster, with mine-cart themed trains. Inside the empty box, with a very steep chain lift so it can utilize the height of the box.

I agree with a mine themed coaster in the old Crypt building being perfect, though I think a Eurofighter would be better. Think something along the lines of Mystery Mine. Could even give it a haunted/cursed theme to carry over to rides not working out there and a Haunt attraction being in it now.

Agree redo Boo Blasters to a new ride but rather a Peanuts one to fit that are better and make it officially be in Planet Snoopy and then give us our new Triotech dark ride in the old Action Theater building.

• Like 4

I agree. I missed the whole Phantom period. I remember it as the Smurf boat ride and have great memories as it was one of two rides that I could ride with my mom. The next time I was there, it was Scooby Doo themed. That whole family ride aspect is great but it doesn't have to be "scary" just because it once was. Why can't it be light-hearted...or silly. Kids LOVE silly! I'd much rather hear kids laughing than screaming. It took several visits for my youngest niece to make it through the line and ride it the first time. The ghosts and themed music scared her - that isn't a fun family experience.

• Like 5

• 3 years later...

Its been 3 years since this thread surfaced and it seems like the park is going in the opposite direction with a B&M being the next coaster coming to the park. 

I thought we might have gotten something in 2017 but instead we got Mystic Timbers which was a way better choice in my opinion.

Still, with the new CEO up to bat, its hard to imagine a triotech ride such as Votage to the Iron Reef of Wonder Mountain's Guardian coming to the park anytime soon. On the other hand, we still have that big metal box in Rivertown and the orignal, albeit outdated, darkride in International Street.

I think with the removal of a high-thrill coaster, personally, I wouldn't expect a big investment aside from a high-thrill coaster.. until another high-thrill coaster is placed back in.

That said, a high-thrill dark ride... or any dark ride, for that matter... I would greatly cherish.. especially in those hot, july afternoons; I miss TR.

1 hour ago, Backlot Stunt Coaster#1 said:

I thought this thread was recent and was worried Kings Island was not being smart with their money. There not Disney or even Universal.

Someone's never ridden any of the Justice League rides at various Six Flags parks or Ghostwood Estate at Kennywood.